Author Topic: duplicate errors noted, but why?  (Read 2055 times)

Offline email.dave2

duplicate errors noted, but why?
« on: November 02, 2018, 08:18:36 PM »
I'm not worried, just curious, about why there are duplicate unable-to-scan items in the list (but not on my Mac). More specifically, the unable-to-scan list has numerous plist files in duplicate, e.g.:

/Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/com.apple.AddressBook.plist              Error 1 Operation not permitted
 /Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/com.apple.AddressBook.plist              Error 1 Operation not permitted
 /Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/com.apple.homed.plist                       Error 1 Operation not permitted
 /Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/com.apple.homed.plist                       Error 1 Operation not permitted

etc

Again, my real concern is with the Bankfraud-GL, Java Malware-gen & HTML Banker-D items listed in the "infected" list, but I'm trying to understand the scanning and wonder about the significance of the duplication here.

Offline ondrej.kolacek

• Avast team
Re: duplicate errors noted, but why?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 06:51:33 PM »
Hello,

I will check this; we have reworked the scan process to be more resilient, it is possible that we are reporting some events in duplicate. Thanks a lot for the report.

Kind regards,
Ondrej Kolacek