Author Topic: Avast Passwords License Disappeared...  (Read 2864 times)

REDACTED

Avast Passwords License Disappeared...
« on: November 06, 2018, 11:30:55 PM »
I have been having a lot of problems with Avast Passwords In general, but my biggest problem is that it has just disappeared from my account. I've been using avast passwords on my macbook pro, iphone, desktop, and tablet. Recently, it has vanished from my PC altogether after requiring my avast account  login, not my Master Password linked to the device itself, on both my iphone and ipad. I had recently done a hard reset on my iphone and re-linked it to my apple and avast accounts before the error appeared. After Passwords refusing my account password which I can use to log in to my avast account just fine, I removed my friend's devices who I had forgotten was on my account to make sure everything was all under my name and passwords wasn't getting messed up because of that. She later told me she logged in and may have changed the password, and so we agreed to a password and changed it to that. Now today my passwords are completely gone, her devices are still not under my account as agreed while we try to figure out what is going on. Is there an admin or something able to check that Avast doesn't think my account is being hacked and just removed Passwords from my licenses temporarily? It's possible I had another email linked to Passwords specifically, but it seems odd that passwords would be on the same desktop while I have premier simultaneously on the same account logged in. I know this issue is riddled with user error i.e. not remembering if I used another email just for avast Passwords and having two separate people accessing one account while not communicating but....I seriously need help. Surely there's something Avast can do on it's end?

REDACTED

Re: Avast Passwords License Disappeared...
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 11:35:45 PM »
I would like to add that apparently I can still use Avast Passwords on my desktop, but all passwords have been wiped, and the license does not show up. Also I use NordVPN so it probably looks even more like my account is being hacked? I prefer it for the onion layer vpn and the internet killswitch, overkill probably but I love my security. Seriously what is going on.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast Passwords License Disappeared...
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 05:49:44 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0