Author Topic: VPN for Mac intermittent connection and keeps disconnecting to re-establish  (Read 7675 times)

REDACTED

Hi

My Mac secure line vpn use results intermittently in no internet while connected to vpn then it disconnects, the web page loads, then it reconnects and is ok for a few minutes, then internet stops a few minutes later and the cycle is repeated. Changing Location does not make a difference.

macOS 10.13.6

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Offline krahulik

Hello,

if the internet works for a short time after the VPN connection establishment, than it stops, the client gets disconnected and it eventually reconnects, it seems that the VPN connection was terminated from the gateway side. The gateway would behave like this for example in case that the same license is used by more clients simultaneously.

The recent product versions (3.4.5, distributed from the Avast's website or Avast Mac Security) should be capable to handle the situation properly and to display appropriate error message.

The version 2.2.7 distributed using the App Store would behave the way you have described. The license can be transferred from one version to another using an activation code or using Avast account, both can be found in the product preferences.

In order to investigate the issue more, I would need a support package that can be created from the application's help menu. It contains private data like a license, so we can discuss it in a private message.

Best Regards,
Martin

REDACTED

Hi, thanks for your quick reply.

I'm already on v3.4.5 so I guess that might not be the issue?

I'll create a support package as you instruct.

Thanks

Regards

Jan

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
The recent product versions (3.4.5, distributed from the Avast's website or Avast Mac Security) should be capable to handle the situation properly and to display appropriate error message.

The version 2.2.7 distributed using the App Store would behave the way you have described. The license can be transferred from one version to another using an activation code or using Avast account, both can be found in the product preferences.
Hi Martin, may I ask why you distribute two different versions..? Cheers
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline krahulik

Hi Asyn,
there's a discussion in Avast that SecureLine will be distributed using Avast infrastructure only and withdrawn from the App Store, however the decision hasn't been done yet. The reason is that only a very small portion of users actually use the App Store, so low that it isn't economical to maintain two versions - different VPN tunnel setup, different purchase flow, only a subset of features due to App Store limitations. Our primary concern that we will need to investigate first is, whether we would be capable to support users that already have bought a subscription in case of a product withdrawal.

Best Regards,
Martin

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Hi Martin,

thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. :)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0