Author Topic: VRDB Generator marked "disabled" How to enable?  (Read 3886 times)

prushworth

VRDB Generator marked "disabled" How to enable?
« on: July 19, 2006, 10:35:45 PM »
Using ver 4.7 on a Dell Inspiron 8200, Windows XP, plenty of resources.  When I right click on the VRDB Generator icon, the dropdown list indicates that the VDRB Generator is disabled.  How do I enable it?  I have done the "repair" option.  I have manually updated the program and the database so I'm not sure what I'm missing with this situation, but I'd like it corrected.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: VRDB Generator marked "disabled" How to enable?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 11:41:32 PM »
You've answered yourself here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=22305  ;)
The best things in life are free.

60!

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 12:40:39 AM »
I too am having a problem...VRDB not done yet??  I do not know what this means.  Iam sorry to be  ??? slow on this subject, but Iam new.  I did a scan yesterday and everything was fine now this??  Avast says everything is up to date??  How do I correct this please?  I realize it is late for some ppl and I more than understand.  Thank you in advance for your time is much apperciated.  Compaq 3400=amd   512MB   200GB  60!

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 01:02:13 AM »
I too am having a problem...VRDB not done yet??  I do not know what this means.
This shown when you go into the Simple User Interface and simply means that you haven't yet run the VRDB (Virus Recovery DataBase) yet.

Quote from: Extract avast! Help file
VRDB stands for "Virus Recovery Database"; it was known as "Integrity Database" in previous avast! versions. The aim of VRDB is to help when, despite all the security measures, a virus gets inside the computer and the files are infected. With the help of VRDB, it is possible to repair infected files (return them exactly to their original state). VRDB is announced by an icon with the letter "i" in the system tray (next to the clock). If the icon is animated, the database is being created right now.

So right click the ' i ' icon and select Generate VRDB Now, this will take a little time. Once complete yu should select how you wish avast to update/generate the VRDB in the future, when a screen saver is in use or when the computer is idle.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 01:05:00 AM »
Ya beat me to it David.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 01:11:21 AM by marc57 »
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 01:16:13 AM »
That's because the UK is 5 hours ahead of the USA ;D ;D ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

60!

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 01:39:29 AM »
Thank you David R  and Marc 57.  Yes, it did take awhile, but, it is done.  It was hidden in the tray :P! didn't think to look there.  Really wouldn't have know what to do any way.  Thank you both.  Now I don't use a screen saver, so, I guess I use when idle? Also, Am I still safe??? :'(  Should I run a scan and make sure everything is ok?   60!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 02:49:22 AM »
Now I don't use a screen saver, so, I guess I use when idle? Also, Am I still safe??? :'
You can set it to idle and it will work... it colects the necessary data to recover from some infections.
You're safe  8)
The best things in life are free.

60!

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 04:36:41 AM »
 :D  Thanks, Tech.  Really appericate the help...   60!