Author Topic: "Unable to load policy" Error during ABA installation  (Read 34974 times)

Offline Juanjo

• Avast Reseller
    • Avast Antivirus España - Distribuidor y Mayorista Oficial
"Unable to load policy" Error during ABA installation
« on: November 11, 2018, 06:27:48 PM »
Hi Friends:

Last Friday, 3 different customers had this error ("Unable to load policy") during the ABA (cloud) installation in some machines.

I have been reading the little information I have found about this problem in Avast/AVG products, and everything in these reports points to a communication problem (unopened ports, third-party firewalls, etc.) and/or OS not updated.

But it seems very strange to me that suddenly in last Friday we have 3 different customers communicating this error, that had not appeared before in any other.

"The experience is a grade" and I think it points to a possible bug that could have been introduced in this latest version of the console, although of course it could also be a fateful coincidence. So I leave this message in this forum to see if there are more people affected in recent days, and point out possible solutions.

For now, these are the most interesting sources I've seen in this regard:

https://support.avg.com/SupportArticleView?l=en&urlname=Message-Unable-to-load-policy-during-remote-deployment-of-AVG-Business-CloudCare

https://en.wahyu.com/2018/08/avast-business-installer-installation.html

https://serverfault.com/questions/573292/avg-cloudcare-unable-to-load-policy
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 06:29:41 PM by Juanjo »

Offline Juanjo

• Avast Reseller
    • Avast Antivirus España - Distribuidor y Mayorista Oficial
Re: "Unable to load policy" Error during ABA installation
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 06:51:38 PM »
More info, I have seen 2 messages in this forum (in other sections) talking about this same problem. I have communicated to those who have opened them that we better continue here, that we are in the right section.

For now it seems that the problem has appeared in some Windows XP, Windows 7 and Server 2012 R2 machines.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 06:53:12 PM by Juanjo »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 09:49:34 AM »
I have the same problem. The problem is the Agent 18.7.

If you use an installer in version 18.6 all works fine in the same device without any change in firewall or device settings.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 08:47:10 AM »
Hello Guys,

i got a customer and we migrated his old Avast Endpoint to the new Cloud Care Avast Business. I installed about 10 devices and everything worked fine. I used the Offline Installer without remote installation. At least i tried to install the agent on the SBS and i got the same message. "Unable to load Policy" after that, i tried to install the agent on a notebook with windows 7, same message!

IT WORKED 5 minutes before. I tried everything recommended by avast, but nothing worked and its still not working. There are no blocked ports or urls etc. I installed every available Windows Update too, but i still get the same error.

its a small business server 2011 standard installation, nothing special. there are no devices which block the url or ports. i disabled the windows firewall and cleaned the old avast produkt with the avast clear exe.

are there any solutions?

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 09:15:30 AM »
AVAST Software is working on a fix but they need some extra info. Could you?

I am going to ask that you follow the procedure in the below link in order to collect and attach the proper / needed log files in order to troubleshoot this issue. Please follow the instructions set on the machine in question after the avast has been installed and failed with the mentioned error. If the collector is ran with out the avast being installed and in a failed state the logs will not yield any useful information. Again thank you for the information and patience.

https://kb.support.business.avast.com/GetPublicArticle?title=Using-The-Avast-Support-Tool

If you need a ticket number you can use the #07464731 as a reference.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 09:20:56 AM »
Thank you for your fast reply.

The big joke is, the support tool is crashing if you click on creating the log files. I am not able to give logs. i think its crashing, because there is no avast product on this server anymore.

Maybe, its possible to install the Agent using the remote installation? i think, i will try this today. i will give feedback if it worked

Offline llederer

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 06:11:58 PM »
Hi Friends:

Last Friday, 3 different customers had this error ("Unable to load policy") during the ABA (cloud) installation in some machines.

I have been reading the little information I have found about this problem in Avast/AVG products, and everything in these reports points to a communication problem (unopened ports, third-party firewalls, etc.) and/or OS not updated.

But it seems very strange to me that suddenly in last Friday we have 3 different customers communicating this error, that had not appeared before in any other.

"The experience is a grade" and I think it points to a possible bug that could have been introduced in this latest version of the console, although of course it could also be a fateful coincidence. So I leave this message in this forum to see if there are more people affected in recent days, and point out possible solutions.

I am having same issues on one older laptop.....however, installed on a different machine after the attempts on the laptop it all worked just fine.  What's going on?

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 08:33:17 AM »
Hello Guys,

the last 2 days i tried to install the Avast Business Agent per Remote installation.

What i have checked:
- i installed every available windows update on sbs 2011 (searching for updates online!)
- checked blocked ports etc.

its not working because of the os. for the same customer, i installed 2 agents on a win10 notebook, and it worked completely fine. same domain, same network, same router as the sbs 2011. it has to be a bug with the old os, for sure.

its still not working. We need a solution, fast!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 08:35:45 AM by Michael1551 »

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2018, 12:12:45 PM »
I have the same problem and I am considering requesting a refund.
I contracted yesterday for 18 devices and the truth I am very disappointed

Offline Андрей376

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2018, 01:13:04 PM »
I have the same problem and I am considering requesting a refund.
And I have a contract for 50 devices. I am extremely dissatisfied :(

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2018, 01:24:54 PM »
Yesterday, AVAST Software made some changes in the agent installer 18.7
Could you download a new installer (full) from your console and test?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2018, 01:25:20 PM »
Hi guys, I forwarded it.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Андрей376

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2018, 02:25:52 PM »
I tried, downloaded again, nothing has changed and the distribution does not differ by any byte.

Offline misak

• Avast team
    • Personal page (CZE)
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2018, 04:17:50 PM »
I tried, downloaded again, nothing has changed and the distribution does not differ by any byte.

Please try online installer which is still version AV 18.6.

Could you please share exact version on Avast Agent? It should be something like 4.4.0 or 4.5.37