Author Topic: "Unable to load policy" Error during ABA installation  (Read 34972 times)

Offline Juanjo

• Avast Reseller
    • Avast Antivirus España - Distribuidor y Mayorista Oficial
Re: "Unable to load policy" Error during ABA installation
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2018, 04:24:20 PM »
In some customers is working to update the OS to the last version/patches, but in some cases don't work, today one customers report a case with Server 2008 Foundation R2, all updates and patches, and the same problem.

I think it will be necessary to program in the console an option to download previous version of the installer, because in cases like this, can solve the situation (temporarily) by being able to access these previous versions.

Offline Андрей376

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2018, 05:38:52 PM »
With the online installer, the problem is the same. >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 05:40:54 PM by Андрей376 »

Offline Андрей376

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2018, 05:40:11 PM »
I tried, downloaded again, nothing has changed and the distribution does not differ by any byte.

Please try online installer which is still version AV 18.6.

Could you please share exact version on Avast Agent? It should be something like 4.4.0 or 4.5.37
With the online installer, the problem is the same. How to find out the version of the Avast agent

Offline Jeff.S

• Avast team
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2018, 06:01:35 PM »
HI,

Right click the install file>properties>details

Also, IF you use 7zip right click the install file>7zip>open archive>AvastAvWrapper.exe found in the archive right click>properties and at the bottom "comment" should show the agent version.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 06:14:00 PM by Jeff.S »

Offline Андрей376

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2018, 06:44:12 AM »
Product Version: 18.7.404137
FileVersion: 4.5.37.0

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2018, 09:25:47 AM »
I have the same problem and I am considering requesting a refund.
I contracted yesterday for 18 devices and the truth I am very disappointed

I was very happy with the free version. That's why I decided to hire this, but I'm wrong, it does not respond to the tickets, the support is non-existent, and I still can not install the antivirus on my PCs.

Offline Juanjo

• Avast Reseller
    • Avast Antivirus España - Distribuidor y Mayorista Oficial
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2018, 04:18:11 PM »
Hi, we have an sub-reseller that reports the same problem with the online installer of the ABA console in a Server 2008 Foundation R2 with all patches and updates. Then, it seems that using the online installer does not fix the problem in all cases.

Offline tomsc

• Avast team
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2018, 04:47:58 PM »
Hello,

we are still looking into the issue. Can you send us wireshark logs so we can see the communication during the failed installation? The client logs points into misconfigured SSL settings, either on client or server side. Always make sure you have latest Windows updates before doing so.

You can alternatively provide an Event Viewer log. Start -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> System (Right click -> Save as..).

Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 12:01:44 AM by tsca »

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2018, 04:49:28 PM »
Hello Guys,

i installed every available security update on sbs 2011 and server 2012 r2 and it worked.

on an other server i used the online installer and it worked.
make sure u installed every available update and use the online installer

REDACTED

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2018, 05:58:20 PM »
Hello Guys,

i installed every available security update on sbs 2011 and server 2012 r2 and it worked.

on an other server i used the online installer and it worked.
make sure u installed every available update and use the online installer

IN W7 AFTER INSTALLING ALL THE SAFETY UPDATES CONTINUES WITHOUT WORKING, IT CONTINUES TO PUT THAT THE LICENSE IS FAILED.

Offline Андрей376

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2018, 09:07:51 AM »
Hello,

we are still looking into the issue. Can you send us wireshark logs so we can see the communication during the failed installation? The client logs points into misconfigured SSL settings, either on client or server side. Always make sure you have latest Windows updates before doing so.

You can alternatively provide an Event Viewer log. Start -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> System (Right click -> Save as..).

Thank you.

Here is one example.

Here is one example.

REDACTED

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2018, 09:35:32 AM »
after being since Friday without solution to my problem and since avast support is almost nonexistent I have decided to request the refund.
Very disappointed with the customer treatment.

Offline tomsc

• Avast team
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2018, 01:00:28 PM »
after being since Friday without solution to my problem and since avast support is almost nonexistent I have decided to request the refund.

Hello,

we are still waiting for customer feedback. So far the client logs points into misconfigured SSL settings, either on client or server side. Always make sure you have latest Windows updates.

If the issue persists can you please provide us an Event Viewer log. Windows Start -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> System (Right click -> Save as..)

Thank you.

@Андрей376 I am sorry but you saved the log in incorrect format. Please select the log in evtx format.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 03:51:43 PM by tsca »

Offline Андрей376

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2018, 01:21:28 PM »

Hello,

we are still waiting for customer feedback. So far the client logs points into misconfigured SSL settings, either on client or server side. Always make sure you have latest Windows updates.

If the issue persists can you please provide us an Event Viewer log. Windows Start -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> System (Right click -> Save as..)

Thank you.

@Андрей376 I am sorry but you saved the log in incorrect format. Please select the log in evtx format.

Only jpg, png, txt, log, gif can be added to the message here.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 03:51:52 PM by tsca »

Offline Jeff.S

• Avast team
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2018, 05:50:21 PM »
HI,

You can submit a support ticket and attach the files or upload to the ftp server ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming/

Just post the ticket or filenames you upload.

Thanks!