Author Topic: [Solution] Advanced web shield not working in Avast Mobile Security, Mi5, MIUI10  (Read 9443 times)

Offline PeteLim9

Hello

Thank Květoslav to recommend me for sharing in this forum. I would like to share how to solve "Advanced web shield cannot enable in Avast Mobile Security".

[My original post]
http://en.miui.com/thread-4516117-1-1.html

[Problem]
"Web Shield with Accessibility/Advanced Web Shield" cannot be enabled while "Accessibility Turning On".
  • Avast warns a risk in red.
  • Even though you turns Accessibility of Avast become "On", Avast still cannot utilize this feature.

[Specification]
Phone: Xiaomi Mi5 (32 GB version)
Android version: 8.0.0 OPR1.170623.032
Android security patch level: 2018-10-01
MIUI version: MIUI 10 Global 8.11.1 Beta
Kernel version: 3.18.71-perf-g1a51aa0

[Might applicable device]
Any other Mi devices with Android 8.0 and MIUI10.

[Previous action]
I had informed Avast regarding this problem and I have got a replied email. Support team informed as shown in quoted.
To prevent this from happening is to "protect" the app from being killed. Please check your device's settings for power saving features and either "white-list" the Avast app or (if such option is not possible) disable the power saving feature completely.

[Hypothesis]
Based on this information, I realize this is not Avast's bug. However, some Android/MIUI's setting might cause inoperative function. The suspicious functions are:
  • Permission: Avast didn't get full permission to operate correctly.
  • Memory management: as described in quote.

[Solution]
  • Go to Settings>Permissions>Other permissions>Apps
  • Select Avast Mobile Security
  • Select options as the shown in the left picture
  • Then set Web Shield with Accessibility: It should be enabled correctly.

I hope this information would help you who is using Avast Mobile Security to enable required function on Mi5, MIUI10.
Thank you for Avast support team for some clue that help me to solve the problem. I am appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 06:54:21 PM by PeteLim9 »

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Awesome, thanks!

Offline bivavo4523

Hello i've still have a problem with this on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 phone that runs on Android and it has the latest MiUi that being 12.0.2.
Please help PeterLim mentions picture and there's no picture in his post so idk which options to choose.