Author Topic: Mac unable to read files  (Read 1207 times)

Offline brendanxx

Mac unable to read files
« on: November 15, 2018, 10:12:54 AM »
Hi,
When I run a full scan I get 207 unable to read files. I can locate anywhere to find what these files are and what I should do about them. I never had any such files with Kaspersky or AVG in the past. I have Avast Free for mac. Any help most welcome

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Mac unable to read files
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 10:28:37 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Mac unable to read files
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 01:27:08 PM »
I can locate anywhere to find what these files are and what I should do about them.
Nothing as there is nothing you can do

I never had any such files with Kaspersky or AVG in the past.
This happens to all AV but it is not all AV that will show it in the log ... since it is usless info for the average users

avast team reply from @ondrej.kolacek  >>  https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=222793.msg1482054#msg1482054

just ignore the ignored files. In the new GUI we are working on, these won't even be displayed. You can not do anything regarding them. This is a case of "we know something about some files, lets show it". I guess the insane way how to display them shows how much we want people to view them. Maybe originally it may have been for our internal information (for testing etc.), but since there is the counter of ignored files visible, people started to ask us about them, and we have publicised it (the person who did the decision no longer works here so we do not know :) ).

And for Mac questions/issues use Avast Mac Security section, link posted above by @Asyn

« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 03:17:27 PM by Pondus »