Author Topic: Avast Business Management Console Installation  (Read 2808 times)

REDACTED

Avast Business Management Console Installation
« on: October 31, 2018, 08:46:17 PM »
I am installing Avast Business Management Console and am getting a SETUP message that port 5432 is already in use.  Can anyone suggest alternatives to this?  Not sure if I just pick another random port or if it has to be within a specific range.

REDACTED

Re: Avast Business Management Console Installation
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 09:37:45 AM »
I am installing Avast Business Management Console and am getting a SETUP message that port 5432 is already in use.  Can anyone suggest alternatives to this?  Not sure if I just pick another random port or if it has to be within a specific range.

Please check this link if it can help you: https://support.avast.com/en-ae/article/Antivirus-Firewall-Application-Rules

REDACTED

Re: Avast Business Management Console Installation
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 10:14:15 PM »
I am having a similar problem, except I have a conflict on port 443. I have successfully installed the console on one server with the settings below and it works great. On the second server I am having trouble getting the console to open. I don't get any errors on installation. I have gone through the basic troubleshooting. I also installed it onto a clean server for testing and can get connected with the defaults but not with my custom ports. Through the process of elimination I have narrowed it down to the console port 28080 (default 443). Any insight will be gratefully appreciated.

Edit:
I am upgrading Avast Endpoint Protection Suite to Avast Business A/V Pro Managed on all workstations and servers.

Port settings:
Destination location:
      C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Management Console

Additional tasks:
      This will create an icon with shortcut to the management console
         Create a desktop icon

Business Console:
     HostName: server2016.mydomain.local
     Port: 28080

Database:   
     Port: 28433
     Data folder: C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Management Console