Author Topic: Removing Avast's unnecessary message: We're always looking out for you  (Read 6955 times)

REDACTED

I use Avast on my desktop so have just installed it on my new mobile phone. I wish to remove the unnecessary message: "We're always looking out for you" on my phone's home screen. If there is no way of doing this, then I will remove Avast from the phone immediately. Having to read this message every single time I look out for my phone is annoying in the extreme, unnecessary, and will lose Avast customers in droves, when they might (like me) have already felt friendly towards Avast. Please help.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Removing Avast's unnecessary message: We're always looking out for you
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 10:49:45 AM »
Hi, the permanent notification in the status bar needs to be on to prevent the Android from killing the app and affecting the app lock and real-time protection. You can turn it off in the Settings > Notifications & alerts > Realtime protection > Permanent notification > Hidden, but we do not recommend it.

If you have a Huawei or Honor device, you might be referring to another issue - users of these devices see a notification pop up randomly, almost every time they turn on the screen. We are working hard to find a solution for these users.

Offline astaedus

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 02:17:53 PM »
Why has this option of hiding the permanent notification been removed? It's annoying me.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 06:11:08 PM »
Hi, we now require the permanent notification to remain on for Android versions 8.0 and above. This is necessary because Android no longer allows apps to run in the background. We can't provide protection without this notification. Thanks for understanding.

However, the notification can be minimized or configured for minimal interruption, depending on your Android version, without sacrificing your device's safety. More on https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Mobile-Security-background-notification/