Author Topic: How to import a csv file in Passwords  (Read 2998 times)

REDACTED

How to import a csv file in Passwords
« on: November 16, 2018, 10:51:07 AM »
Hi,
I'm using internet security and with it the password functionality. On one of my computers I have exported the passwords in a CSV-File. I would like to import this file on another computer. Is this possible? Can anyone help?

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
Re: How to import a csv file in Passwords
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 03:14:00 PM »
Hi hstrooij,  I moved the topic to the appropriate part of the forum.

I'm afraid that it isn't possible to import from a CSV-File in Avast Passwords directly. If you really want to use this method to share your logins with another computer, you would need to import the logins into a browser that Passwords can import from first - unfortunately, it is not a simple process to load passwords from a CSV-file into browsers currently.

Instead, we would recommend that you use the synchronization & backup feature of Passwords. This will create a cloud version of your logins (and other Passwords data) which can only be accessed by computers you authorise. You can then authorise the second computer, and sync the Passwords data between the two. This has the added benefit over using CSV-Files of being kept up-to-date with any changes you make on either computer. Please check this support article for instructions on how to do this: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Synchronize-Passwords-across-devices

I would also recommend that you delete the CSV-File as soon as you are finished moving the logins around, as it is an unencrypted text file that you absolutely don't want anybody else to have access to.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 03:17:38 PM by BWhit »