Author Topic: Automatic Updates Enabled But Avast Just Asked Me to Manually Update Program???  (Read 2012 times)

Offline roblongley1

The Avast interface opened on its own today when I was online and asked me to update the program "to make sure you have the latest blah blah blah ..." or something like that (unfortunately I don't remember the exact wording or what specifically was supposed to be updated but it was fairly generic. I do remember it asked if I wanted to update to Premier for $14.99 a year.) So without thinking, I hit "Update." It took less than a minute and then my computer rebooted.

My question is, I have automatic updates enabled and in three years of having Avast, have never been asked to manually update a program or version update (that I can remember at least) -- so is this some kind of phishing, malware, etc. scheme from a fake Avast update, or something legit?

Thanks.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0