Author Topic: Anti-theft portion of Mobile Security not working on Android 8  (Read 2503 times)

REDACTED

Anti-theft portion of Mobile Security not working on Android 8
« on: November 21, 2018, 07:11:23 PM »
All of my devices which have android 5, 6, etc. have a properly functioning anti-theft. However my new device which has android 8 does not work correctly with the anti-theft. The anti-theft thinks that it successfully locked my device. However the device does not show the avast lock screen and instead just goes back to the normal lock screen which is swipe to unlock. So the lock really does nothing on the device.

I think it might somehow be related to the screen lock settings on the device which all say "because you've turned on an accessibility service, your device won't use your screen lock to enhance data encryption".

But for whatever reason, anti-theft locking does not work on my android 8 device.

Offline Corey47

Re: Anti-theft portion of Mobile Security not working on Android 8
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 04:17:22 PM »
I am having the exact same issue on two Android devices. After locking the device on the Avast portal, I only get the Android notification screen with swipe to unlock, which then opens to the Android lock screen. The Avast screen with the optional message and contact information never shows up until I unlock the device at the Android screen.
Both devices are running Android 8.0.0. One is a Samsung S9 and the other is a LG V30.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 10:29:22 AM »
Since I have purchased a new phone new email an a new number an purchase
 Avast it has been turned off I don't know how many times an my languages cleared.the data had been cleared an in the accounts an sync it doenest sync I have .please tell me what to do in ready to throw my phone against the wall. Which I did a month before another new phone

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 11:06:12 AM »
Gerry and Corey: thanks for reporting the issue, it has been a known one and should already be fixed in the latest Beta. If you are interested in becoming a Beta tester, please read the FAQ article: https://goo.gl/r8UPdZ, otherwise please wait for the public release (December).

Marylin: I am afraid I do not fully understand - could you specify the problem? Is the Avast app turning off by itself?