Author Topic: Log Files for blocked Internet Explorer Elements  (Read 1867 times)

REDACTED

Log Files for blocked Internet Explorer Elements
« on: November 14, 2018, 07:45:55 PM »
Hi!

We use "Avast Business Antivirus Pro" in our business.

On a Win 10 Pro x64 PC we have to use the "Internet Explorer" for a certain accounting-service to work properly. It is a web-based service and works best with IE.

Without going into further detail: everything works great until we press a certain button, upon which the web-service says: can´t connect. We then can continue using the service without problems. Our Admin said: it´s probably a certain script that is being blocked.

I already do know that the logs are located in: C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\log

Can you tell me in which log files I should look for hints?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 12:32:12 PM by NNArc »

Offline Jeff.S

• Avast team
Re: Log Files for blocked Internet Explorer Elements
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 05:36:22 PM »
Hi,

C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\report\webshield.txt may show the issue.

Have you tried adding a script exclusion for the site? If using a console to manage the devices
device settings>template used>active protection>customize link for webshield>script exclusions

You can add the exclusion locally to test also
settings>components>customize link for webshield>script exclusions

If using a console just make sure to add the URL in the console if testing on the local client and this resolves the issue.

If you still have problems, submit a support ticket and we can take a closer look to see if we can identify the issue.

Thanks!

Thanks!