Author Topic: I did it again...  (Read 20082 times)

S.Z.Craftec

I did it again...
« on: January 09, 2004, 04:36:00 AM »
...but I'm not Britney Spears... although, I would like to be in her pant...  :o, ahem... shoes... sorry  ;D

I finished my second skin for Avast! Scroll down few posts to see screen capture preview.

Remeber that triangular idea ? Well, now it's not just idea, it's a real skin...

We just have to wait for Vlk to double-check it, aprove it and put it in Skin download section...

Cheers !
« Last Edit: January 10, 2004, 01:07:36 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline MWassef

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re:I did it again...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 07:42:53 AM »
that's great Sasha  ;D
I can't wait to see it  ;) ;) ;)
MW

Offline MWassef

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2004, 09:12:08 AM »
I just hope that you could figure out a way to skin the task bar icon with the help of Alwil guys..  ::)
MW

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2004, 11:51:35 AM »
Can you alert us when it becomes available at http://www.avast.com/i_kat_71.html ?

Do you want to send it first to us for testing?  ;D
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2004, 11:56:29 AM »
Seems like you're a big skin maker!

I'd just recommend to enlarge the areas a little, to hold the necessary text... I noticed that the only the word "Scan" is visible in the "Scan archive files" field...

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2004, 12:12:43 PM »
Mina wrote:
that's great Sasha, I can't wait to see it...
I just hope that you could figure out a way to skin the task bar icon with the help of Alwil guys..

Thansk mina, be little more patient... it will probably be available next week... that's what Vlk told me... he said: "...2 skins in just one week ? Oh, we don't wanna spoil our users...  ;D"

Hehe, I laughed so much... he is so nice guy, but I know that we can not spoil such a nice bunch of people... I mean, I can not make 3 or more skins in one week and that's for sure, no matter how spoiled users are, if they are... :)
Anyway, it's his decision, so we'll see...

Technicall wrote:
Can you alert us when it becomes available at http://www.avast.com/i_kat_71.html ?

Do you want to send it first to us for testing?

I can alert you guys no problem, but Vlk will be the first one who'll know it, and I'm sure he is going to alert us all...  ;D "Just a little patience, just a little bit..." - some unknown song words

I already sent that skin to Vlk and he said everything works fine... Well, it was expected from me not to repeat those small errors from the first version of my very first skin... last version is great!

Igor wrote:
Seems like you're a big skin maker!

I'd just recommend to enlarge the areas a little, to hold the necessary text... I noticed that the only the word "Scan" is visible in the "Scan archive files" field...

Thanks Igor. I'll enlarge those areas you are talking about, but I don't know why you are unable to see word "archive"...

Cheers !
« Last Edit: January 10, 2004, 12:10:54 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2004, 01:21:15 PM »
but I don't know why you can't see the rest of words... here is my screen capture, so take a look

Maybe it depends on the particular system (a tiny font difference may cause the word to wrap).
Anyway, the full text is "Scan archive files", not "Scan archive"  (unless you replaced the text by hardcoded bitmap).
I know, some of the texts are quite long to fit into a "smaller" skin... and they may be even longer in translated versions of avast.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2004, 01:37:03 PM »
OK Igor, I'll see what can I do... I already enlarged that text arear two minutes ago, but I'll see if I can stratch that area and add little bit more space... that part of skin is really small, hehe...  ;D

I'll give my best !

Cheers Igor !
« Last Edit: January 10, 2004, 12:13:17 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2004, 02:01:28 PM »
what OS is that? that look VERY SIMILAR to the OS X desktop background ???
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2004, 02:57:39 PM »
...and they may be even longer in translated versions of avast.

Sasha, Igor is right... please, let our 'big-words-languages' fit in your skin.  ;D

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2004, 07:03:11 PM »
MacLover wrote:
what OS is that? that look VERY SIMILAR to the OS X desktop background

That's my WinXP... nothing else, but I like to keep things nice, clean, simple, but good looking... I made myself different Visual Style (it's not even close to ordinary WinXP style)...

Technical wrote:
Sasha, Igor is right... please, let our 'big-words-languages' fit in your skin.

I said in my last post... I'll fix that, no problem... that was about 7 hours ago... now the story is totaly different... I fixed that and now everything is perfect... Martin helped me this morning with few tips for animation and now skin acts completely different... In my next post you can see Screenshot... preview... I know you can't wait to try it, right guys ?  ::)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2004, 08:36:09 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2004, 07:06:04 PM »
This is preview of my new skin called "LAAH-RA"...

I said I have Idea... that idea didn't die... I am very categorical when I want something to do... so I can proudly announce that triangular skin is alive... there is nothing in the world that people can't do it, all they have to do is just want it so badly... BTW, this skin supports translucent effect... if you decide to turn that effect ON in Avast, rectangular display area becomes semi-transparent.

Igor, is it OK now ? Looks any better ? Text area is much bigger now...

Enjoy !
« Last Edit: January 10, 2004, 08:44:09 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2004, 07:20:47 PM »
Thanks Sasha for your corrections. If you 'start' to translate avast! into Croate (is this how we write your language?) you will see that 'space' is a 'must have' in other languages than English. My dream is, someday, have a skin that 'allow' changing the backgroud for another bmp, like the wallpaper of the desktop...  ;D

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2004, 07:33:39 PM »
Technical wrote:
...to translate avast! into Croate (is this how we write your language?)...

Country is Croatia, and language is Croatian...

Technical wrote:
My dream is, someday, have a skin that 'allow' changing the backgroud for another bmp, like the wallpaper of the desktop...  

Nothing is impossible, but there comes another problem - you can not always be sure that all those buttons and menues will look nice with all kind of different pictures that you want to change every day or week... buttons are usualy in one or maybe two color... everything that has more than two colors starts to look silly...
I don't know, maybe someone decide to make skin like that... ;D

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2004, 09:52:21 PM »
That's my WinXP... nothing else, but I like to keep things nice and good looking... see picture in attachment... I made myself that Visual Style (you can see it's not ordinary WinXP style)...
that is so close to mac its not funny
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay