Author Topic: Suspicious Files Detected  (Read 668 times)

Offline Sass Drake

• MyCity AMF R2
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
Re: Suspicious Files Detected
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2018, 08:58:18 PM »
  • Open Avast interface Window
  • On left side click on Protection and then click on Virus Chest
  • Check one MSIC5C7.tmp and mark checkbox on left side
  • Notice Delete button down and arrow on it. Click on that arrow and then on Restore As.
  • Chose Desktop as destination
  • MSIC5C7.tmp should appear on Desktop. Go to https://virustotal.com and upload it there.
  • Post here link to report

Offline annew52

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2018, 09:59:54 PM »
Hi, the file is not listed in the Virus Chest!  Perhaps Avast was unable to delete it when I clicked Resolve?

I have browsed to C:\Windows\Installer and I cannot see the files there either, and I have not acted on the last scan result showing 72 files of the same name!  (How can files with identical names even exist?) 

Offline Sass Drake

• MyCity AMF R2
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2018, 02:19:51 AM »
Then we will have to wait for response from Avast team.

Offline annew52

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2018, 08:04:08 AM »
Thank you for your help to date, @Sass Drake, I really appreciate it!

Is there anything I need to do to bring this to the attention of the Avast team or will they see this post?

Just to summarise the current situation, I didn't like to shut down my computer with this unresolved for fear that something would be triggered when I rebooted, so I tried to remove all the suspect files to the "Chest".  I have also tried to Delete them.
Running a quick scan immediately after, shows no viruses.  But then when I run it again there are 70 or 80 files created again, always with the same name, MSIC5C7.tmp.
They don't appear in the Virus Chest and I can't see anything when I look in the C:\Windows\Installer location.
I have run Malwarebytes and Spybot Search and Destroy and they find no issues.

thank you
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 12:46:28 PM by annew52 »

Offline Sass Drake

• MyCity AMF R2
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2018, 07:31:04 PM »

Offline annew52

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2018, 11:45:03 PM »
The problem is, I have no file to upload.

Offline Sass Drake

• MyCity AMF R2
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2018, 08:58:52 PM »
Download and run TDSSKiller following instructions here.
After you finish scan, there should be report file on location similar to C:\TDSSKiller_*.txt.

Attach it to your message.

Offline annew52

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2018, 12:49:43 PM »
Hi, there didn't seem to be any link to instructions, however I have downloaded the software and run a scan.  please let me know if there were any special instructions that I may have missed.
The text file is attached as instructed.

Something else new.  When I completed my most recent Avast Scan, I deleted the "virus" files it found same as I've been doing each time.  To date it's just given a green tick with no information and gone on the next step in the Resolving Issues process.
This time I closed the scan window after Step 1 of Resolving Issues (ie resolving virus issues)  When opened the scan again it said, "Resolved Issues: NaN".
Not sure if NaN is the name of an infection?  I've attached a screen shot.

Offline Sass Drake

• MyCity AMF R2
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2018, 06:37:21 PM »
Hi, there didn't seem to be any link to instructions, however I have downloaded the software and run a scan.  please let me know if there were any special instructions that I may have missed.
The text file is attached as instructed.

Something else new.  When I completed my most recent Avast Scan, I deleted the "virus" files it found same as I've been doing each time.  To date it's just given a green tick with no information and gone on the next step in the Resolving Issues process.
This time I closed the scan window after Step 1 of Resolving Issues (ie resolving virus issues)  When opened the scan again it said, "Resolved Issues: NaN".
Not sure if NaN is the name of an infection?  I've attached a screen shot.

It was my mistake because I forgot to paste link. Sorry.
TDSSKiller didn't find anything so I can say for sure it Avast report. NaN is acronym for "Not a Number" and it is Avast error. Can you try to reinstall Avast?