Author Topic: Unable to cancel premium cleanup renewal  (Read 2135 times)

REDACTED

Unable to cancel premium cleanup renewal
« on: December 04, 2018, 06:28:24 AM »
I was offered the free version of cleanup premium, and thought to myself "if i don't want this i'll just cancel the renewal and it will be fine"

I never recieved an order number email, despite it telling me i would.

So i decided to create an account with the same email address i used before, except it says that I have no license attachted to it, and now everytime i've contacted support they've told me that there is no orders on my account and keep asking for my order number, which I don't have because i never recieved one.

What should I do now? I don't want to be charged at the end of this and yet I see no way out of this, and support have been anything but supportive.

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
Re: Unable to cancel premium cleanup renewal
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 10:57:06 AM »
Hi Johnholden03, I'm afraid that there was a spelling mistake in your email address when you signed up to the trial (which is why you didn't receive the initial email, and why my colleagues couldn't find the trial to cancel it).

My colleague has identified the trial this morning and cancelled the renewal for you. I have forwarded both the original order email and the renewal cancellation email to you now, and the trial should now be registered to the correct email address (you can use the trial license until it expires at the beginning of February).

I'm sorry for the delay in getting this resolved for you.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 11:00:28 AM »
I was offered the free version of cleanup premium, and thought to myself "if i don't want this i'll just cancel the renewal and it will be fine"

I never recieved an order number email, despite it telling me i would.

So i decided to create an account with the same email address i used before, except it says that I have no license attachted to it, and now everytime i've contacted support they've told me that there is no orders on my account and keep asking for my order number, which I don't have because i never recieved one.

What should I do now? I don't want to be charged at the end of this and yet I see no way out of this, and support have been anything but supportive.

Hi,

I don't know what might be the reason why you haven't received the order email yet however I was able to find out your email address in our systems.
Your record already shows that the auto renewal was disabled in your case earlier today so you don't have to worry about charging your credit card at the end of the trial period.
The trial is valid until February 2nd so you can still enjoy our product until then.

Have a nice day.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 08:20:30 PM »
Hi, I am also having this issue, my account shows my Anti Virus Pro, but nothing on the Clean Up Premium (which is due to auto renew in 13 days) I would like to stop this from auto renewing too please.  :)

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 09:28:47 AM »
Hi foxhall666, the reason that Clean Up Premium does not show is because it is not registered to the same email address. Please check for your order confirmation email in another email account that you may have used, and then you should be able to log in and cancel the auto-renewal here: https://www.avast.com/find-order