Author Topic: AIS blocking vimeo streaming  (Read 1576 times)

REDACTED

AIS blocking vimeo streaming
« on: December 06, 2018, 03:48:36 PM »
Hi
In recent days I've had a really bad experience watching vimeo. The video starts really long and doesnt want to buffer as if my connection was super slow. I thought it was a problem with my internet connection but realized it's just another basic thing that Avast is making my life harder with.
I started disabling different protections in AIS and came into conclusion that it's the website verification that is causing that. If I turn it off, vimeo is back to normal and super-fast. Is there any other way to add vimeo to exceptions list or do I have to turn it off forever to use internet normally?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: AIS blocking vimeo streaming
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 03:53:33 PM »
Is your firewall network profile in public or private mode?

Try change

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 05:22:08 PM »
Changing the profile doesn't help. Neither does disabling the firewall.
The thing that works is disabling "Real Site"

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 05:34:40 PM »

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 12:20:51 PM »
Thanks for the links,
I tried to add an exception for vimeo, but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Also tried adding exceptions for video MIME types, still no luck.
I guess I have to disable "Real Site" completely to be able to watch vimeo normally.
To be honest  I've had so much bad experience with Avast blocking things and not being able to add any rules or exceptions, that I'll switch to another software as soon as my license ends.

I've started another thread, looking for help with avast firewall blocking my printing, remote desktop and DLNA. Tried everything to add exceptions there too, with no luck. This is just rubbish.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 12:22:47 PM »
Best you contact support: https://support.avast.com/contact
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0