Author Topic: SecureLine VPN for Mac made connection unusably slow  (Read 3174 times)

REDACTED

SecureLine VPN for Mac made connection unusably slow
« on: December 02, 2018, 03:08:39 AM »
Hi,
I installed a trial Avast SecureLine VPN on my iMac out of curiosity - the popup was annoying me. It immediately started disconnecting and connecting to the internet, and made my connection line noticeably slower. I don't need VPN anyway so I disconnected it after a couple of days. The speed and stability did not improve even after I did an Uninstall.

Now, my connection is completely unusable. It is so slow that most of the pages time out before I can connect to it.  Occasionally, it catches a connection at the usual speed for a few moments and then goes to practically nothing. The connection was completely stable and fast before. If I do a speed-check it comes between 2 and 5 Mbps or there is none. 0Mbps on the upload. I can't send any emails!!!

Since I constantly upload and download graphics for work from home, I am desperate to find out what is going on.
It is the same on all my computers - iMac (Mojave), MacAir (Maverick), iPad

Thank you

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

Re: SecureLine VPN for Mac made connection unusably slow
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 05:29:52 PM »
Not sure what you mean with this link??? It takes me to the front page of Avast forum.

I would really like to get a reply as I uninstalled and installed the Avast security itself, which has to some extent solved the speed of line BUT it continues to DISCONNECT randomly and OFTEN.

Thank you for the help.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: SecureLine VPN for Mac made connection unusably slow
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 05:40:02 PM »
It should have taken you to the Avast Mac Security sub-forum, see attached image.

Though I'm not entirely sure if this the right place to go relating to SecureLine VPN, that would be the Avast SecureLine VPN for Mac sub-forum, https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=81.0.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 05:42:54 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security