Author Topic: Avast Business  (Read 4116 times)

REDACTED

Avast Business
« on: December 12, 2018, 12:28:43 PM »
Good day all

Please could someone please assist me. The company I am working for is looking to buy avast for the server with the free management console. will it be possible to buy the server/business edition and then use the free version on the windows 10 clients and still be able to manage them from the management console?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast Business
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 12:48:50 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 06:40:47 PM »
will it be possible to buy the server/business edition and then use the free version on the windows 10 clients and still be able to manage them from the management console?

No, Avast Free Antivirus is not allowed to be used in a business enviroment.

From Avast EULA: "2.1.2. In the case of all other Solutions, including Avast Free Antivirus, AVG Free Antivirus, CCleaner Free and all other Solutions for which you are not required to pay a subscription fee or other price either to obtain the Solution or to continue using the Solution after a trial period (each, a “Consumer Solution”), by a natural person, or members of his household for personal, noncommercial purposes. For the avoidance of doubt, no Consumer Solution is provided or licensed for use by any: (i) natural person for commercial purposes; or (ii) business, company, government entity, nongovernmental organization or other not-for-profit entity, or educational institution."

So, if you want to protect your server and all the Windows 10 clients and be able to manage them from the management console you have to buy a licenses of Avast Business for every device.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 06:42:32 PM by Infratech Solutions »

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 07:33:54 AM »
Thank you for the response. So basically I will then just have the business version on the server for now until we decide to buy licenses for the windows 10 machines. We are busy building a network for the company and antivirus is one of the things we are looking at. So for future reference I wanted to find out this info before making the purchase.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 12:15:56 AM »
Contact your local reseller, they can advise on current promotions and volume discounts you qualify for.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay