Author Topic: How EXACTLY does cleanup work - options?  (Read 3344 times)

Offline john.ar.markham

How EXACTLY does cleanup work - options?
« on: December 18, 2018, 01:36:46 AM »
The last (and only) time I used this it was called Grimefighter.
And after spending about a month fixing all the problems it caused - never again!
With the current version there is the possibility of seeing what the individual problems are, but I am not going to hit that "RESOLVE" button until I know how this works.
If this is still a one button fix-all, it's not going to happen.
Do I get the chance to decide, like Ccleaner for example?
Cheers

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: How EXACTLY does cleanup work - options?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 05:52:13 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 09:45:13 AM »
The last (and only) time I used this it was called Grimefighter.
And after spending about a month fixing all the problems it caused - never again!
With the current version there is the possibility of seeing what the individual problems are, but I am not going to hit that "RESOLVE" button until I know how this works.
If this is still a one button fix-all, it's not going to happen.
Do I get the chance to decide, like Ccleaner for example?
Cheers

Hi,

I understand your worries but the new Cleanup has much more options and gives you more freedom in what you would like to clean or fix.
It does not anything without your permission except the scanning which is in some cases run automatically but that's the only thing which is automatic. When the scan is done you will see the results of it and you can decide and check/uncheck the items you would like to clean or fix.
I recommend you to give it a try and you'll see. If you won't be satisfied you can uninstall the product or ask for refund (in case you would purchase the product).

Thank you.

Offline john.ar.markham

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 12:09:16 PM »
Thanks for your help, I will give it a try.