Author Topic: belguim television blocked despite secureline vpn  (Read 6192 times)

Offline j.pordon

belguim television blocked despite secureline vpn
« on: December 18, 2018, 01:18:52 PM »
as of today vier.be has detected my connection via secureline brussels was not from Belgium and blocked the content. Is this a temporary problem or will I not be able to watch my favourite series any more?

Offline bfm.mobilewebpro

Re: belguim television blocked despite secureline vpn
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 01:36:42 AM »
Or for something a little closer to home?
Netflix only shares their full content library to subscribers within the USA.  Some of their programs I hoped to watch that they block from my country (Canada, oldest ally, largest trade partner, longest shared border in the world, etc, etc... not exactly a den of terrorism.  I really don't see what it accomplishes, but I'll save that rant for THEIR forums) ahem... those nation-exclusive shows WERE the tipping point that convinced me to sign up for the VPN service; the promise all the promos and marketing the ability to fake out such location blocking said the VPN would accomplish.

And yet, it clearly doesn't do that.  Netflix can tell immediately when the VPN is turned on.  This is what I see:

P.S.  Also, let me add my bitching to the several others who find the verification image letters near completely illegible.  I'm making my best guesses based on the portion of letters that ARE visible, but this is attempt 10 to complete this posting.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: belguim television blocked despite secureline vpn
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 08:08:39 AM »
-> https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=223205.0

PS: Captcha is only needed for your first 3 posts. (Spam protection)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0