Author Topic: Avast background tasks.  (Read 1363 times)

Offline jaylooall

Avast background tasks.
« on: December 19, 2018, 07:24:48 PM »
Ok first of all, this was incredibly annoying try to contact avast about a simple problem, AVAST should have an ACTUAL EMAIL SERVICE for all the damn money you receive in products there should be much better customer service not sign up for this and register, not even SONY makes you do that to submit a complain. Second, I have had quite enough of AVASTs free internet security doing shit in the background the MOMENT I sign into my desktop, files doesnt even finish loading before avast decides to start doing something and of course in windows 10 it does NOT TELL YOU WTF IT IS DOING. I just see my entire disc usage up at 100% can't load anything let alone browser because for some reason AVAST thinks the second I sign in lets start doing shit.. NO NO  NO. PC needs at least 10 minutes to actually start running before anything happens, and I DO NOT LIKE programs doing shit in the background with notification or a way to stop it. Avast is great if you have an actual problem but harboring the program inbetween has just become a complete pain in my ass and I have had about enough I feel I deserve compinsation (free months or years worth of your service..) for the fucking hassle I have to deal with on a regular.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Avast background tasks.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 07:34:38 PM »
What OS?
What version of Avast?
What other Security software?
How much RAM on your OS?

Edit: Avast doesn't have a Free Internet Security. ???
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 08:08:41 PM by schmidthouse »

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Re: Avast background tasks.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 06:00:44 AM »
Did you completely uninstall any older a/v's?
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801