Author Topic: Am Missing a Shortcut in My Taskbar....  (Read 3580 times)

Offline xairedale

Am Missing a Shortcut in My Taskbar....
« on: December 21, 2018, 12:41:11 PM »
  Good Day Ladies & Gentlemen,

Am Missing a Shortcut in My Taskbar that  goes in between the two Printer icons. It's name is Avast AntiTrack
(Premium)

How can I get this back?

« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 12:52:21 PM by xairedale »

Offline Cluster-Lizard2014

Re: Am Missing a Shortcut in My Taskbar....
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 01:25:42 PM »
Are you sure it is actually missing and hasn't just been accidentally (re)set to hide or only appear when their are specific notifications?

Check that by right clicking on the taskbar, choose Properties > Customize button and find the icon for Avast AntiTrack and change the setting if necessary.

If it is not just that I'd try the old, familiar recommendation to use AVAST's repair option and see if that fixes it. 

I've also read that with Windows 10 this sort of thing can happen, although it tends to be all taskbar icons that go missing. The solution suggested is this can sometimes be fixed by running SFC (System File Checker) and rebooting.

Google SFC if you do not know how to run it.   

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline xairedale

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 07:50:47 PM »
BTW, sorry for the Late Reply, was doing some last Minute X-Mas Shopping yesterday.

It took 21 Minutes for Avast Anti Track Premium to show up in My Taskbar, & the only way it Popped up was AFTER  I tried to reply to your post, Cluster-Lizard 2014.

Prior to it showing up, I Clicked on the Avast Anti Track Premium link itself (10-20) TIMES & Nothing happened.

I am going to Google SFC also & run it

BTW there is No Properties after I right Click on / in the Taskbar

« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 08:06:04 PM by xairedale »

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 01:29:50 PM »
-> https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=97.0
Hi xairedale, If you plan more posts relating to Anti Track, can I suggest you start a subject on the message board dedicated to Anti Track as advised by Asyn. Otherwise it will get drowned out by general anti-virus product questions.

Offline xairedale

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 02:19:44 PM »
 Will do as advised by Asyn, post to Anti Track; Rocksteady

& Anti Track Premium in My Taskbar is Still taking Way Way too long to finish Loading up, it's still around 20 Minutes

When I did Google SFC, I tried to Run it but this happened,

To run the System File Checker in Windows 10/8/7, type CMD in start search box. In the result, which appears, right click on cmd and select Run As Administrator.

I could not Right Click & select Run as Administrator.??

BTW, How can I move this Entire tread to the Anti Track Board?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 02:32:55 PM by xairedale »

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 03:19:06 PM »
Perhaps, just perhaps :) I should have made it clearer: "Right click on CMD to bring up the context menu then left click to choose the "Run As Administrator" option.

I hope if helps with the problem but from the later description it sounds more like an AVAST AT issue than anything that SFC will fix. But it won't do any harm and may fix system problems you were not aware of.

Reminder: before doing anything like this or even just updating software always put in a Restore Point first.

I was reminded of how useful that can be myself this weekend when a program update messed up a whole load of things on my PC. Restore Point used and 60 secs later all sorted.

Offline xairedale

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2018, 04:24:26 PM »
 Thanks for Making the Right Click on CMD a bit Clearer Cluster-Lizard2014

Resulst of the SFC Scan are Attached.

Is there anything else I can Do, & Why am I getting this message  if I have AntiTrak activated?

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2018, 03:14:02 AM »
So there is nothing wrong with your system, that is confirmed.

The question I'd ask the people here who may know at what point during/after boot AVAST AT is activated. It may just be an icon issue - it certainly shouldn't take 20+ minutes to appear but that does not mean the software itself is inactive ie. is not doing what it is supposed to do until then.

But you need specific help with this and the AVAST AT sub-forum is the place to get that. Just re-post the problem there.

Offline xairedale

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2018, 08:27:36 AM »
Thank you very much for the reply to My Thread of Am Missing a Shortcut in My Taskbar... Cluster-Lizard2014

How EXACTLY do I Re post this thread to AVAST AT sub-forum?

So there is nothing wrong with your system, that is confirmed.

The question I'd ask the people here who may know at what point during/after boot AVAST AT is activated. It may just be an icon issue - it certainly shouldn't take 20+ minutes to appear but that does not mean the software itself is inactive ie. is not doing what it is supposed to do until then.

But you need specific help with this and the AVAST AT sub-forum is the place to get that. Just re-post the problem there. end of Quote

Hoping that you & Yours have a Blessed X-Mas & a Prosperous 2019 

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2018, 08:43:31 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2018, 02:37:08 PM »
Seasons Greetings too.

I was actually just suggesting starting a new topic in that sub-forum, copying and pasting your original post or the most relevant parts rather than transferring the whole thread. You can add a link there to this thread for reference too.

Starting a new thread seems to be what Asyn is subtly suggesting too. :) 
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 02:38:43 PM by Cluster-Lizard2014 »