Author Topic: Auto Renewal on Subscription  (Read 1158 times)

Offline jeff karczewski

Auto Renewal on Subscription
« on: December 23, 2018, 08:23:44 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Just going to throw this out there in case Digital River might consider a refund...?

I'd been using Avast for years and it always did the job with no complaints from me. However, earlier this year when my computer was in the shop I had a tech talk me into trying out Webroot antivirus. Gave me a big pitch on how light it is on resources, special pricing etc., so I went for it.

I had purchased an Avast 1 year 3-pc license for $29.99 back in Sept. of 2017. I made the mistake of using a new email I'd just set up when I made the purchase. It's a secondary email I only check once in a while. That, combined with me completely forgetting the subscription was an "auto-renewal," is why I'm here asking this question.

Well the subscription renewed alright this past September...And not at the $29.99 price I had originally purchased for, but instead at the full price of $99.99. Of course they did in fact warn me via email that this was going to happen. But like I said, I stupidly used an email I only occasionally check, and so I only now just realized it.

I know this is my own fault, bottom line. I was just curious if Digital River might consider at least a partial refund since my account clearly shows I never activated any of the licenses? Thanks

Jeff

Offline jeff karczewski

Re: Auto Renewal on Subscription
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 10:17:53 PM »
Thank You ;D