Author Topic: Recommended Anti-Malware and Spyware Programs for Windows 10  (Read 3067 times)

Offline BlackRockShooter

• ブラック★ロックシューター
  • ブラック★ロックシューター
Recommended Anti-Malware and Spyware Programs for Windows 10
« on: December 30, 2018, 01:46:06 AM »
I'm currently using these below for protection

1. SUPERAntiSpyware
2. Spybot - Search & Destroy
3. EMSISOFT Anti-Malware (2018)
4. SpywareBlaster

Is there anymore software's that you guys can recommend to me for my new gaming PC?  I've haven't use Windows 10 Pro since a few days ago after installing Windows 10 Pro and building my new AMD Ryzen system.   But I have used Windows 7 and Windows XP in the past.  But I'm still quite new with Windows 10 Pro and I need some advice about securing my gaming PC.

Thank you,
★Avast Free Anti-Virus★ ★COMODO Firewall 11★ ★SuperAntiSpyware★ ★Spyware Blaster★ ★EMSISOFT Anti-Malware★ ★Malwarebytes Free★ ★CCleaner★
★Avast Secure Browser★ ★MS Edge★ ★Mozilla FireFox★ ★Google Chrome★ ★COMODO Dragon★ ★DisplayFusion v3.1.9★ ★RainMeter★ ★Windows 10 Pro★
★AMD Ryzen 5 1600 CPU 3.20 GHz★ ★DDR4 2400 16 GBs RAM★ ★Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3★ ★Gigabyte AMD RX560 GPU 4GB GDDR5★ ★EVGA 500w 80+ PSU★
★AOMEI Backupper Standard★

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Recommended Anti-Malware and Spyware Programs for Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 03:08:09 AM »
1. SUPERAntiSpyware
4. SpywareBlaster

I would drop all of them.

Install your favorite AV and use Malwarebytes Antimalware FREE as an extra scanner that you run when needed or the pro version if you use windows defender

« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 03:10:55 AM by Pondus »

Offline BlackRockShooter

• ブラック★ロックシューター
  • ブラック★ロックシューター
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 03:24:45 AM »
1. SUPERAntiSpyware
4. SpywareBlaster

Install your favorite AV and use Malwarebytes Antimalware FREE as an extra scanner that you run when needed or the pro version if you use windows defender

I decided to install Malwarebytes and keep the others as well.   ;) You never know if one or the other will scan and protect my PC.  But thanks for the tip about Malwarebytes.
★Avast Free Anti-Virus★ ★COMODO Firewall 11★ ★SuperAntiSpyware★ ★Spyware Blaster★ ★EMSISOFT Anti-Malware★ ★Malwarebytes Free★ ★CCleaner★
★Avast Secure Browser★ ★MS Edge★ ★Mozilla FireFox★ ★Google Chrome★ ★COMODO Dragon★ ★DisplayFusion v3.1.9★ ★RainMeter★ ★Windows 10 Pro★
★AMD Ryzen 5 1600 CPU 3.20 GHz★ ★DDR4 2400 16 GBs RAM★ ★Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3★ ★Gigabyte AMD RX560 GPU 4GB GDDR5★ ★EVGA 500w 80+ PSU★
★AOMEI Backupper Standard★

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 03:38:15 AM »
SpyBot have a very limited detection range. They have a small update once a week (wednesday) Malwarebytes can have 10 updates a day, so they can have more updates in a week then SpyBot in a year

SpyBot is not a member of Virustotal. meaning they dont get copy of all samples uploaded to VT
Malwarebytes is member at VT and have a long proven track record and considered best in the business. No need for the others if you have it

and this topic should have been posted in this section  >>  Non-Avast security products

« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 03:50:59 AM by Pondus »

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 04:56:53 AM »
1. SUPERAntiSpyware
4. SpywareBlaster

+1
Agreed. :)

Offline digmor crusher

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 09:30:01 PM »
Keep Emsoisoft, it is an AV, one of the best ones out there, also, it does not sell your data or spam you with adverts to update their product. Use it either with Malwarebytes or OSArmour, either combination will protect you well. OSArmour would be lighter on your rig than MB3. Using too many security programs can slow your computer down and in many cases leave you less protected as they begin to conflict with each other.

Bonus: Malwrebytes and Emsisoft probably have the best customer service in the business.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 09:33:13 PM by digmor crusher »

Offline Thinkmobiles

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 09:05:51 PM »
There is a short review of the most popular anti-malware and spyware (https://thinkmobiles.com/blog/best-anti-spyware/) including Emsisoft and Malwarebytes discussed above.
There is also a short review of Avast Free Antivirus.

The article includes brief information on most important pros and cons.

*To the forum Moderators: if the post like that should be placed in another category, please, inform me about it.
If placing such posts requires additional arrangements, please, contact me via PM to discuss the related issues.