Author Topic: Avast not responding  (Read 29311 times)

Offline DogBrain

Re: Avast not responding
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2019, 06:01:06 AM »
Just to make things interesting.
I am running Premiere 19.2.2364 on a Win 10 Home acer laptop (the real cheap one). Also have the same version on my Win 10 Pro desktop box.

Tonight the Acer gave me the white screen. Did a repair/reboot - no effect. Read the support forums. Rebooted - still blank. Did a second, then a third repair.

Then I rebooted again. Got the same damn white screen. So without doing anything else, shut the system down.

Waited 5 minutes and rebooted.

Everything is fine.

WTF?

Offline Mytenia

« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2019, 12:53:19 AM »
Solved my problem

Formatted my computer for a 3rd time today,this time i removed my ssd drives and installed Windows on my nvme in ahci mode instead of the amd raid mode,and now everything work.

Might be compatibility issue with amd raid drivers.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2019, 02:34:56 AM »
Just to make things interesting.
I am running Premiere 19.2.2364 on a Win 10 Home acer laptop (the real cheap one). Also have the same version on my Win 10 Pro desktop box.

Tonight the Acer gave me the white screen. Did a repair/reboot - no effect. Read the support forums. Rebooted - still blank. Did a second, then a third repair.

Then I rebooted again. Got the same damn white screen. So without doing anything else, shut the system down.

Waited 5 minutes and rebooted.

Everything is fine.

WTF?

The 'White Screen' UI bug has been fixed in the latest beta. https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=225649.0

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2019, 03:10:08 AM »
Solved my problem

Formatted my computer for a 3rd time today,this time i removed my ssd drives and installed Windows on my nvme in ahci mode instead of the amd raid mode,and now everything work.

Might be compatibility issue with amd raid drivers.
Good.Thanks for feedback. :)
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast