Author Topic: How does one disable NNTP scanning?  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Marvin51

How does one disable NNTP scanning?
« on: January 04, 2019, 10:53:22 AM »
Hi, I used to be able to do this, Avast had a 'components' settings section where I could look under mail and disable NNTP scanning there, they've updated the software and now the menu system has completely changed. I find settings for SMTP, POP, IMAP and HTTP but no NNTP and I've used the search function too to find NNTP, was disabling this removed? Is there something else I'm meant to disable? I use a news reader and I find that Avast messes up the connection speed readings, this was confirmed by me disabling Avast for 10min and then connecting and the application I used works fine...turn Avast back on and it breaks again.

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: How does one disable NNTP scanning?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 01:04:02 PM »
thanks for feedback, for now go to Settings-Troubleshooting and at the end is link to open old settings

Offline Marvin51

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 06:08:56 PM »
It doesn't work.

If you look at the image above you'll see a 1st set of jagged spikes...that's the default setting. Then the 2nd set of spikes was me changing the NNTP setting same as I always did in years gone by, in fact when I went there it was still disabled.  But then you see that 'smooth' green part at the end? That's where I disabled Avast completely then the graph shows correctly as do all the speed readings and all individual thread speed counts/graphs...when it doesn't work then all the thread graphs/speeds don't report correctly either. So something isn't right in the new update.

Also for this forum if I want to post I have to say the year is 2018 still? Wow!

Offline Marvin51

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 06:15:00 PM »
Do you think maybe it's because I'm using SSL?