Author Topic: NEW Version: 19.1.2360  (Read 118059 times)

Offline Harry S.

Re: NEW Version: 19.1.2360
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2019, 10:01:50 AM »
Have a fruitful 2019

In previous version of avast free edition, 'What to do' setting for web shield includes 'block the website' (can't remember the exact wordings). Under the newest version, it looks like  'what to do' setting is grouped in a 'general direction' for all shields. However,  web shield is a little bit different from file shield or behaviour shield, it seems that 'fix the repair', 'move the file to the virus chest' are not the corresponding actions when web shield detects something wrong------in old version, it blocks the site immediately.

As a supplementary of facts, under 'Configure shield settings', for web shield, there is a function called 'Enable site blocking'.

What I like to ask is...

1. If I check the box 'Enable site blocking', is it an automatic action when web shield finds something wrong(like the previous version), or it only blocks those sites that I add in the 'blocked websites list"?

2. If the answer to question 1 is the latter one, what will web shield do when it detects some unsafe websites? How could I set its actions?

Thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 10:46:02 AM by Harry S. »

Offline Robert_M

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2019, 10:26:36 AM »
v18
Hardened mode:
Moderate: blocks only files which have bad ratings or no rating at all. All other files are allowed to run.
Aggressive: only chosen files with known high ratings are allowed. All other files are prevented from running.

v19
Simply Hardened mode without settings. In what mode does this option work now?

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2019, 11:30:01 AM »
Yes but in old settings when i hit PUP detection it was enabled in all shields and in all tests. So now i have to enable it in each test and shield separately. Anyway i don't see any single reason change settings. It was perfectly fine for many years.
I was just answering your question
but in new settings is somewhere hidden.
now, the tastes and colours.....some will prefer this new look where you can open and close the drawers to set a specific target, without putting all the settings together in the same tab.
Personally, I'm embarrassed to have in the same basket the reputation service, the taskbar icon, Cyber Capture, enhanced mode, PPI, silent mode, email signature,...following your reasoning why not add also language , rootkits, anti-exploit, self-defense, hardware support for virtualization,sounds,popups....avast becoming more and more versatile, I understand that there is a need to separate everything,otherwise it can become an empty mess, it's up to us to pick at the desired place like the email signatue in the mail agent , PUPs or not depending on the type of virus scan .

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2019, 03:37:25 PM »
After updating to this new version (Avast! Free), I can no longer find any controls to set the scheduled scan date/time for a full scan. The Settings link under the Full Virus Scan (from Protection->Virus Scans) contains nothing about scheduling. There is also a clock icon under the Full Virus Scan panel, but it only shows when the scan will run - no controls for setting/changing it. This clock icon is not clickable - the scheduled scan time only appears in a pop-up which is also not clickable.

In previous versions, the scheduling controls were easily found and intuitive. Have these controls been hidden somewhere else or are they simply missing in this release? I think the scheduling settings have been missed and should have been part of the Settings menu tree.
Hi, you can use the old settings in troubleshooting (for now).
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2019, 03:40:52 PM »
Well, now sounds no longer work.
Hi, click on the link, you should hear a sound (ding ding ding).
-> http://web-shield-test.avast.com/
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2019, 03:51:35 PM »
What I like to ask is...
1. If I check the box 'Enable site blocking', is it an automatic action when web shield finds something wrong(like the previous version), or it only blocks those sites that I add in the 'blocked websites list"?
2. If the answer to question 1 is the latter one, what will web shield do when it detects some unsafe websites? How could I set its actions?
-> https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=224234.0

Offline Albertos

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2019, 04:39:49 PM »
Just a little issue, but: in Menu, settings, protection, Core shields, configure shield settings, mail shield, the sentence "Add a signature to the end of sent emails" is NOT translated in the other languages.

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2019, 05:25:55 PM »
Right , exceptions tab also "Choose specific files, folders or ....." not translated or some other buttons like "see more" , "open old settings" , "view exceptions"

Offline CPoiares

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2019, 06:35:23 PM »
Hi i've installed the latest version - 19.1.2360 Avast Internet Security. And since the update the antispam is not loading in outlook. But the option is selected to green. How i can put the spam bar in Outlook. I really would thank's for help regarding this situation.
My OS is Windows 10 and Office 10.
Thank you in advance and Happy New Year.

Offline EmoHobo

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2019, 09:17:40 PM »
So before I update I have to know, should I expect any new processes running besides avastsvc.exe and avastui.exe. I dont use anything besides the three default shields and I really dont want more process running.

I also worry that automagic is more bloatware.

Offline Terryrb

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2019, 09:24:52 PM »
After updating to this new version (Avast! Free), I can no longer find any controls to set the scheduled scan date/time for a full scan. The Settings link under the Full Virus Scan (from Protection->Virus Scans) contains nothing about scheduling. There is also a clock icon under the Full Virus Scan panel, but it only shows when the scan will run - no controls for setting/changing it. This clock icon is not clickable - the scheduled scan time only appears in a pop-up which is also not clickable.

In previous versions, the scheduling controls were easily found and intuitive. Have these controls been hidden somewhere else or are they simply missing in this release? I think the scheduling settings have been missed and should have been part of the Settings menu tree.

I tried using the old settings option, but there are no controls for scheduling scans there either. I stand by my original assessment that this is a mistake in 19.1.2360 - and from my perspective, a serious mistake. The scheduled scan feature has been around in every version of Avast! Free I've used over the past 10+ years except this one.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2019, 09:27:36 PM »

I tried using the old settings option, but there are no controls for scheduling scans there either. I stand by my original assessment that this is a mistake in 19.1.2360 - and from my perspective, a serious mistake. The scheduled scan feature has been around in every version of Avast! Free I've used over the past 10+ years except this one.
If you don't find what you need there, you've to set up a custom scan.

Offline Darklenmercy

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2019, 09:33:11 PM »
since the update avast uses 100% of my hard drive for no reason

Offline Terryrb

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2019, 09:34:02 PM »

That's not what the Help says... plus this would be completely different from previous versions. Also, since I updated to this version, my previous schedule is still in effect - there's just no way to change it now. What good is the clock icon on the menu if all it does is show you when the scheduled scan will run if there is no way to change it?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2019, 09:40:27 PM »

That's not what the Help says... plus this would be completely different from previous versions. Also, since I updated to this version, my previous schedule is still in effect - there's just no way to change it now. What good is the clock icon on the menu if all it does is show you when the scheduled scan will run if there is no way to change it?
Well, I don't run any OD-scans. Best you wait for one of the devs.