Author Topic: NEW Version: 19.1.2360  (Read 118409 times)

Offline Oscar Nelsen

Re: NEW Version: 19.1.2360
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2019, 04:56:37 PM »
How do I schedule a scan with the new version?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2019, 07:30:55 PM »
You can customize any scan under Virus Scans  "Custom scans" settings.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 07:35:59 PM by schmidthouse »

Offline BlackRockShooter

• ブラック★ロックシューター
  • ブラック★ロックシューター
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2019, 08:26:32 PM »
This new version of Avast is preventing me from logging into an MMORPG.  Because X-Trap thinks it's a corrupted operating system file.  So I had to revert back to the last version to able to access the game.

★Avast Free Anti-Virus★ ★COMODO Firewall 11★ ★SuperAntiSpyware★ ★Spyware Blaster★ ★EMSISOFT Anti-Malware★ ★Malwarebytes Free★ ★CCleaner★
★Avast Secure Browser★ ★MS Edge★ ★Mozilla FireFox★ ★Google Chrome★ ★COMODO Dragon★ ★DisplayFusion v3.1.9★ ★RainMeter★ ★Windows 10 Pro★
★AMD Ryzen 5 1600 CPU 3.20 GHz★ ★DDR4 2400 16 GBs RAM★ ★Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3★ ★Gigabyte AMD RX560 GPU 4GB GDDR5★ ★EVGA 500w 80+ PSU★
★AOMEI Backupper Standard★

Offline Oscar Nelsen

« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2019, 08:28:31 PM »
You can customize any scan under Virus Scans  "Custom scans" settings.

Thank You

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2019, 08:29:24 PM »
You're welcome.

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2019, 09:42:56 PM »
As a result of the new software update, loaded today, I am unable to launch the UI of Avast. When I click on Restart Service, a new screen pops up and is immediately replaced by the Restart Service screen. I have rebooted 5 times with the same result.
Using a Surface Book with Windows 10 Pro, version 1803., 64-bit.
Have another Win 10 desktop computer 64-bit which was able to successfully run Avast after install.  Received the same error as above, but after rebooting 3 times it started correctly.

we work on the fix, it should be released by the end of this week

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2019, 09:44:12 PM »
After updating to this new version (Avast! Free), I can no longer find any controls to set the scheduled scan date/time for a full scan. The Settings link under the Full Virus Scan (from Protection->Virus Scans) contains nothing about scheduling. There is also a clock icon under the Full Virus Scan panel, but it only shows when the scan will run - no controls for setting/changing it. This clock icon is not clickable - the scheduled scan time only appears in a pop-up which is also not clickable.

In previous versions, the scheduling controls were easily found and intuitive. Have these controls been hidden somewhere else or are they simply missing in this release? I think the scheduling settings have been missed and should have been part of the Settings menu tree.

We work on a new scheduling, it will be live in approx 2 weeks.

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2019, 09:48:51 PM »
Well nice to see the stable version working  :)
Win10 sys no probl. at all, but win7 sys i needed to reinstall Avast IS because it kept blocking my ExpressVPN app  :o (even after a manual startup of the app)
Needed a fresh AIS install to get it working fine.

Is it correct that you can not change "network profiles" names anynore within the firewall settings (what stilll worked fine in the previous version Win10 and Win7 ?   ???    (would be a pitty).
good point, thank you. it shouldn't be difficult to fix

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2019, 10:06:09 PM »
Thanks for update.

Bugs:
- When I disable all shields, then i want enable it (in tray icon) it say 6 shields disabled (rootkit shield and exploit shield are probably counted).
- After enabling all shields (in tray icon) everything seems normal, except notification center says Rootkit and Exploit shield are disabled (still ticket in options).
- In new settings under shields -> PUP detection -> I set Automatic clean but in old settings is PUP detection unticked.

What I like:
- 64 bit version is much faster
- Full system scan show me what testing

What I don't like:
- New settings is absolutely awful. You can simplify settings, why not, but why in this dark background theme? Old settings has professional look and has much more things to set. Now we have 2x settings old and new. So if i unable set something i need use old (Clean test history for example). 
- There is no Save or Cancel button in settings. If I missclick somewhere, it will be saved and I will not be protected. Please let user confirm changes by hit Save button.
- Old and new setting together. If you reworked settings, delete old. Seems like unfinished product.

Thanks for feedback
- we will check the enabling shields, I tried it and the exploit and rootkit shields got started after few minutes..need to investigate why
- PUP detections are now on different checkboxes for scans and for shields, that's why not synced
- old settings will be removed after few weeks. the new ones aren't finished yet. still working on custom scans and geek section where will be more advanced settings
- dark color is to match with the rest of the app

Offline Patrick2

• Poster
« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2019, 10:09:57 PM »
Anyone else experiencing during a full scan it sometimes getting seemingly like stuck at a certain percentage, like 71 or 86 percent, but eventually finishes.    I briefly tried Windows Defender in Windows 10 a month ago (don't worry clean install done so shouldn't be any tweaks of that still enabled I hope,

I got convinced by another forum where folks was saying my PC problem I had was related to Avast, remove it and your system will be better--Wrong)  seems slower in games at least with Defender activated, not sure about anything else

Should I remove Avast Free, and attempt clean install, updated via gui from 18.8 version

Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1909 18363.476, Intel I7 7700 Nvidia Geforce 1050 16gb DDR4, WD 250GBSSD, 1tb Storage, Avast Free 19.8.2393
HP Omen Laptop Intel I7 7700HQ, 8gb Of Ram Windows 10 Home x64 1909 18363.476 128GB SSD, 1tb Storage, Avast Free 19.8.2393

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2019, 10:14:03 PM »
Hi i've installed the latest version - 19.1.2360 Avast Internet Security. And since the update the antispam is not loading in outlook. But the option is selected to green. How i can put the spam bar in Outlook. I really would thank's for help regarding this situation.
My OS is Windows 10 and Office 10.
Thank you in advance and Happy New Year.
we will release a silent fix for this on Friday Jan 11

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2019, 10:24:04 PM »
A good stable release.

I'm happy you are now able to see the files which are being scanned when a full scan is in progress. This ensures that users will not think the scan is stuck anymore.

The default automatic option when a scan is ran is : Repair > Virus Chest > Delete File. Why is there no option for No Action or Ask the user before the delete action? The same process could apply for the Core Shields. If there was a false positive...

The scans are set to generate a report file which will be located at C:/Program Files/Avast/Reports - there is no such location and running a scan doesn't create the path.

It is no longer possible to see when the last streaming update was received through the user interface. You were previously able to go to the Update section and it would be there...

If the Real Site component is not installed, it should not show up in Settings.

I see no reason why the option to Schedule Scans have been changed. I know you can create a custom scan and then create a schedule but why change it when it was fine before? The Quick Scan is still able to be scheduled via Custom Scans and so should the others.

There is no longer a voice when a threat has been detected. The sound is still there and I'm not sure if that has been done intentionally?

It would be nice to see the Ransomware Shield to protect "txt" file extensions by default.

Edit: Fixed typo.

Hi, thanks for feedback
- the option to not make any action scan is there, just uncheck the checkbox "Perform automatic actions during scan", for shields select Ask for what to do with Viruses at the top tab
- report path will be fixed
- voice for detection is gone for long time, now there is just jingle

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2019, 10:27:41 PM »
recently tried this version for a few days
I think it's heavier than than version last year
I don't like the new setting UI. I think the old one is easier to tweak

in the new UI, there is no way to enable PUP protection. It's only possible when opened the old UI in troubleshooting menu

Yes you can via the Protection tab, see attached

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2019, 10:42:01 PM »
Regarding the feedback about scheduling scans, please look at the beta, there is already  a new screen for creating custom scan with schedule. Scheduling existing scan would work just for Full System Scan,that's the reason why we moved this option to custom scans..

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2019, 03:24:06 AM »
Thank you for all the clarification MartinZ. :)