Author Topic: NEW Version: 19.1.2360  (Read 118370 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: NEW Version: 19.1.2360
« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2019, 06:01:31 AM »
Thank you for all the clarification MartinZ. :)
+1 :)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline spudd57

« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2019, 07:15:16 AM »
Avast anti-spam toolbar in Ms outlook 2010 now missing after latest update;
Again after another avast premier update Jan 4 2019, I have lost my anti-spam (white list/ black list ) tool bar.
in the past when this happens I would usually completely uninstall avast premier, as well as the registry to retrieve it. and then reinstall.
However, after this last update, no go.
I ensure the anti-spam component is installed and the splash screen is ticked on.
I try to activate the add-in in the coms, but it still remains inactive... very frustrating.

I also lost bank mode in the secure browser, and had to reinstall it but no go.

Please advise,
Thank you

Offline petr blatny

• Avast team
« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2019, 07:38:39 AM »
Found an unclickable setting, well you wouldn't want to turn it off anyway but still...

It is because checkbox in Personal Privacy: "Allow usage data to be shared with 3rd parties for analytics" is not checked. We want to add a tooltip explaining that.

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2019, 07:45:11 AM »
Found an unclickable setting, well you wouldn't want to turn it off anyway but still...

It is because checkbox in Personal Privacy: "Allow usage data to be shared with 3rd parties for analytics" is not checked. We want to add a tooltip explaining that.
Why it need enable Allow usage data to be shared with 3rd parties for analytics?
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

Offline petr blatny

• Avast team
« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2019, 08:07:12 AM »
While the new update looks great and seems to use less computer resources, which also is good.

But.. Avast has starting killing my games, i try to run a steam game, Avast flag it as a virus and kills it.
same game never had any issues before the update, and while this is an Early Access game things like this shouldn't happen.

i tried adding my entire steam folder under exceptions, did not help.
added the game itself in exceptions, did not help.

changed settings to "Ask before doing anything", it still kept killing and deleting the game .exe

is there a way to downgrade the version?
i've used Avast for many years, but if it's starting to kill my games i'll rather remove Avast and install something else tbh.

Best regards
Zangiry

Hello, can you please send me this file: "c:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\exclusions.ini"  + name of the game, so we can test it. The best is sending it to my email: petr.blatny@avast.com Thank you very much.

Offline petr blatny

• Avast team
« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2019, 08:47:04 AM »

Why it need enable Allow usage data to be shared with 3rd parties for analytics?
Advanced threat protection uses 3rd party service to protect processes - it checks if processes are not morphed.

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2019, 09:20:24 AM »
v18
Hardened mode:
Moderate: blocks only files which have bad ratings or no rating at all. All other files are allowed to run.
Aggressive: only chosen files with known high ratings are allowed. All other files are prevented from running.

v19
Simply Hardened mode without settings. In what mode does this option work now?
Moderate

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2019, 09:21:28 AM »
Avast anti-spam toolbar in Ms outlook 2010 now missing after latest update;
Again after another avast premier update Jan 4 2019, I have lost my anti-spam (white list/ black list ) tool bar.
in the past when this happens I would usually completely uninstall avast premier, as well as the registry to retrieve it. and then reinstall.
However, after this last update, no go.
I ensure the anti-spam component is installed and the splash screen is ticked on.
I try to activate the add-in in the coms, but it still remains inactive... very frustrating.

I also lost bank mode in the secure browser, and had to reinstall it but no go.

Please advise,
Thank you

We just released a hotfix for this bug. Please restart your PC.

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2019, 10:09:55 AM »

Advanced threat protection uses 3rd party service to protect processes - it checks if processes are not morphed.
If i turnoff "Allow usage data to be shared with 3rd parties for analytics" is it still protect me from Advance threat or not?
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

Offline BlackRockShooter

• ブラック★ロックシューター
  • ブラック★ロックシューター
« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2019, 10:20:57 AM »
While the new update looks great and seems to use less computer resources, which also is good.

But.. Avast has starting killing my games, i try to run a steam game, Avast flag it as a virus and kills it.
same game never had any issues before the update, and while this is an Early Access game things like this shouldn't happen.

changed settings to "Ask before doing anything", it still kept killing and deleting the game .exe

i've used Avast for many years, but if it's starting to kill my games i'll rather remove Avast and install something else tbh.

Best regards
Zangiry

Hello, can you please send me this file: "c:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\exclusions.ini"  + name of the game, so we can test it. The best is sending it to my email: petr.blatny@avast.com Thank you very much.

I am having the same issue as well.  All I can do is disable all shields for 10 minutes after I log into the game and re-able them once I'm logged into the game.  Avast seriously needs to fix this ASAP.
★Avast Free Anti-Virus★ ★COMODO Firewall 11★ ★SuperAntiSpyware★ ★Spyware Blaster★ ★EMSISOFT Anti-Malware★ ★Malwarebytes Free★ ★CCleaner★
★Avast Secure Browser★ ★MS Edge★ ★Mozilla FireFox★ ★Google Chrome★ ★COMODO Dragon★ ★DisplayFusion v3.1.9★ ★RainMeter★ ★Windows 10 Pro★
★AMD Ryzen 5 1600 CPU 3.20 GHz★ ★DDR4 2400 16 GBs RAM★ ★Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3★ ★Gigabyte AMD RX560 GPU 4GB GDDR5★ ★EVGA 500w 80+ PSU★
★AOMEI Backupper Standard★

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2019, 11:18:30 AM »

Best regards
Zangiry

I am having the same issue as well.  All I can do is disable all shields for 10 minutes after I log into the game and re-able them once I'm logged into the game.  Avast seriously needs to fix this ASAP.
Did you send Avast the requested fix ??? It may help to fix the problem.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline BlackRockShooter

• ブラック★ロックシューター
  • ブラック★ロックシューター
« Reply #131 on: January 11, 2019, 11:27:44 AM »

Best regards
Zangiry

Did you send Avast the requested fix ??? It may help to fix the problem.

I'll do it later on today.  The problem is the company that makes "X-Trap" has an old version our server has the "10.2016_2518" X-Trap version and the company refuses to update the security software.  So their tech support is pretty much useless.   What I don't get it.  Why is Avast out of nowhere getting blocked with X-Trap?  Every version I used since 2007 hasn't been blocked by X-Trap or I had to add the game folder to the exclusion list and now it's completely blocked.
★Avast Free Anti-Virus★ ★COMODO Firewall 11★ ★SuperAntiSpyware★ ★Spyware Blaster★ ★EMSISOFT Anti-Malware★ ★Malwarebytes Free★ ★CCleaner★
★Avast Secure Browser★ ★MS Edge★ ★Mozilla FireFox★ ★Google Chrome★ ★COMODO Dragon★ ★DisplayFusion v3.1.9★ ★RainMeter★ ★Windows 10 Pro★
★AMD Ryzen 5 1600 CPU 3.20 GHz★ ★DDR4 2400 16 GBs RAM★ ★Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3★ ★Gigabyte AMD RX560 GPU 4GB GDDR5★ ★EVGA 500w 80+ PSU★
★AOMEI Backupper Standard★

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #132 on: January 11, 2019, 11:44:35 AM »
That's exactly why Avast asked for logs. They may reveal what changed and what's causing the conflict.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline Michael529

« Reply #133 on: January 11, 2019, 01:28:40 PM »

Which 3rd party, please?

Offline neophil78

« Reply #134 on: January 11, 2019, 04:45:43 PM »
Exclusion (imported from previous version) don't work any more and bring a Windows crash on some programs excluded !!! >:(
Win 7 64 bits french (updated with the internal system - Avast free version)

Any fix coming ?

That's nothing we've ever seen (and the internal handling of exclusions hasn't changed AFAIK, just the UI).
So - what exactly are your exclusions, what program crashes (and when)?
These are two program widgets (DXWidget.exe) build with Stardock DeskopX (and running since years and years) and crashing now on boot now... did a roll back to previous Avast free and everything's going right way !!!!