Author Topic: Is Cleanup slowing down my PC? (solved)  (Read 3527 times)

Offline Simse

Is Cleanup slowing down my PC? (solved)
« on: January 09, 2019, 12:23:04 PM »
Hello Avast forum, 5 days ago i installed avast cleanup and activated my free trial. Prior to this i had had no issues whatsoever with my PC for at least a few months. I let it scan and then do the fixes, but choose a few of them to not 'fix'. The past 5 days, however, my PC has been incredibly slow after running this.
I now have FPS issues when playing video games, despite normally playing them perfectly, and even windows itself is lagging now, with simple tasks like opening the windows start menu taking 5+ seconds. Windows has also become unresponsive at times, not even registering my actions.

What should i do about this?

- Simse

« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 02:14:25 PM by Simse »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Is Cleanup slowing down my PC?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 12:27:43 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Simse

Re: Is Cleanup slowing down my PC?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 02:12:49 PM »
Thank you, but after playing around for a while with windows update, it turns out it probably was the automatic update that same day that caused it.

Thank you, anyway!

- Simse

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Is Cleanup slowing down my PC? (solved)
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 02:15:05 PM »
You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 03:36:26 PM »
Hello Avast forum, 5 days ago i installed avast cleanup and activated my free trial. Prior to this i had had no issues whatsoever with my PC for at least a few months. I let it scan and then do the fixes, but choose a few of them to not 'fix'. The past 5 days, however, my PC has been incredibly slow after running this.
I now have FPS issues when playing video games, despite normally playing them perfectly, and even windows itself is lagging now, with simple tasks like opening the windows start menu taking 5+ seconds. Windows has also become unresponsive at times, not even registering my actions.

What should i do about this?

- Simse

Hi,

this is very unfortunate and we apologize for such inconveniences.

First of all as it was already mentioned by Asyn you could try to revert the changes made by our product by simply accessing the feature called Rescue Center and clicking "Undo" next them.
However if that won't work for you we would need the log files from your PC in order to be able to investigate what really happened and be able to fix it.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe assuming that you have still Avast Cleanup installed on your computer.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 03:49:28 PM »
Hi, the OP marked it as solved already. ;)