Author Topic: Avast 4.7 Pro and Zonelab Pro  (Read 2491 times)

waltipfupf

Avast 4.7 Pro and Zonelab Pro
« on: July 26, 2006, 06:46:39 PM »
I am running Avast since a long time and with increasing pleasure. Since I wanted to add a common firewall I choose Zonelab Pro. Now I detect the following error and even worse a bad feeling:

1) I do receive now from Avast messages like: "AAVM Sub-System  .... RPC-Fehler".
    Neither the linked FAQ nor anythings else helps me.

2) I am getting worried, that both products bite each other. I am looking for a guide
    telling me what features I should run on AVAST and which ones on Zonlab (resp. what
    features not to activate on Zonelabs.

I dearly hope to get help on this or to link where a kind of configurator for this tools may sit.

cheers and many thanks, walter

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast 4.7 Pro and Zonelab Pro
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 08:39:41 PM »
Check this out, AAVM subsytem detected and RPC error. http://www.avast.com/eng/faq-other-questions.html#idt_1539

The only issue with ZA Pro and avast Web Shield is the Privacy function is set to High, see - http://www.avast.com/eng/webshield_issues.html

- ZONE ALARM - AVAST Web Shield compatibility dialogue - Install/Update Question - YES or NO

If you are using ZoneAlarm Free you should click NO, because privacy features are not present in ZoneAlarm Free this will not turn off web shield transparent mode proxy.
Use a text editor and edit the avast4.ini file, the default installation location is C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\avast4.ini (I would advise you copy avast4.ini before editing it, just in case).
Locate the line containing ZoneAlarmCompatibility= and delete that line.  Save the edited avast4.ini file.

If you are using ZoneAlarm Pro and Privacy Control in ZoneAlarm is set to High and if you click YES in avast compatibility dialogue box the transparent mode proxy in web shield will be turned off you have to manually configure browser to access internet. To manually configure your browser watch instructional video

For IE - broadband users: - Tutorial - Web Shield Proxy Set-up for IE
For IE - dialup users - Tutorial - Web Shield Proxy Set-up for IE (Dial-up)
For Firefox users - Tutorial - Web Shield Proxy Set-up for Firefox

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security