Author Topic: Avast! app prevents using my phone as a USB Removable Device?  (Read 11049 times)

ShanghaiWall

Hello,

I've installed Avast! Mobile Security today, including Anti-Theft, checked "Prevent USB Debugging". After some time I connected my phone to PC, but it only charges and does not detect that it was connected to PC. I tried different ports, USB cables, connected to notebook, but still nothing. Yesterday I successfully connected to PC without any problem and was able to do everything I want, disconnected it safely. Please, help!
My phone is LG P500 Optimus One.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 09:53:09 AM by ShanghaiWall »

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Avast! app prevents using my phone as a USB Removable Device?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 10:44:31 AM »
Hello,

if I understand your post correct the problem is already solved since it works again.
right?

usb debugging and access to the SD card are not the same. Maybe you had a temporary problem because the SD card was in use by the phone itsself. in these cases you can't access it via usb (on android versions 2.x and 3.x).

ShanghaiWall

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 11:13:04 AM »
Werner,

thank you for reply. No, problem is not solved. What I meant is that yesterday everything was okay, but after installing Avast! today my phone is not detected by PC as removable device and phone OS does not offer me to turn mass storage mode on. I rebooted my phone before connecting it, rebooted it again while it was connected, rebooted my PC with phone connected - nothing.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 12:25:07 PM »
hi

do you have the protection behavior "deny USB Debugging" activated? Do you have a SIM-less CDMA phone?

regards
Reinhard

svehlak

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 06:16:42 PM »
So you have rooted P500; did you change ROM too, or there is still LG one? Have you install drivers on your PC correctly? Did you try to uninstall anitheft and try it again? I have no problem on my LG C 660..

ShanghaiWall

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 02:53:57 AM »
reinhardholzner,

No, I deactivated it. "Do you have a SIM-less CDMA phone?" - what is this? I have a SIM-card.

Jan Svehlak,
Yes, it's rooted. I'm not tech-savvy, what is ROM?
Yes, drivers are okay, as I said before, I was able to connect my phone to PC before installing avast!.
No, I didn't uninstalled it yet. I need this software, so even if it works okay without Avast!, I will keep it.
Right now, I just unmount my SD card and put it in card reader.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 03:32:29 PM »
hm the only thing i can do is to analyze a log if you send it to me and see if there is any problems. we can not reproduce the problem inhouse.

ShanghaiWall

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 10:30:25 AM »
How can I get the log from app?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 02:12:12 PM »
you can creaty a log by following this step-by-step guide:

- go to Android Market
- search for "CatLog - Logcat Reader!"
- download and install the app
- start CatLog from the app menu -> CatLog will start gathering the log messages
- now use the HOME button to go back to the phone interface (do NOT use the BACK key as this will CLOSE CatLog, HOME just puts it to the back)
- use Anti Theft to simulate your issue then
- once the unwanted behaviour occured long-press the HOME key
- select CatLog app
- press the MENU key
- press Send
- press As Attachment
- select your eMail App
- send the email to who ever should receive the log
- close CatLog (BACK key)

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 01:09:26 PM »
I have a sam galaxy note 10.1 2012 ver
Some how, it was fine on Saturday night, then sunday morning the tablet as hanging on a Samsung logo, i tried to hard reboot it several times to no avail, today I took it to the Samsung service center and they offered to wipe it and reinstall the android os, only problem when they connected it to their computer via the usb, their computer could not access my tablet....could this be the avast anti theft settings blocking their ability to access it via USB - Please help Thanks Patrick

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 06:49:22 PM »
No, antitheft starts in time when UI is already running, so it must be something else. Did you tried safe mode or recovery and perform cache&data wiping? This seems more likely to be battery manager problem..

Offline granum.gerry

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 01:39:07 PM »
I have the same problem. When I plug in my phone it no longer gives me the option to choose connection type Avast charger come up instead. I uninstalled Avast and it works as it should.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2019, 09:09:07 PM »
Hi, you can simply disable the feature in Menu→Settings→Charging screen.