Author Topic: Android 9 Pie persistent notification  (Read 2830 times)

Offline matthewhk001

Android 9 Pie persistent notification
« on: January 12, 2019, 09:57:16 AM »
The Avast Mobile Security app's persistent notification (in 'hidden from view' mode in Android notification settings) can be 'cleared' from the notification field from time to time on Android 9.0. When this happens, I clear it and open up Avast Mobile Security, and the persistent notification appears again. It would then be 30 minutes to an hour before it becomes 'removable' again

Is this an Avast or Android bug?

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Android 9 Pie persistent notification
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 03:08:24 PM »
Hi, thanks for reporting the problem, we will need to reproduce the problem to be able to say more.
Could you please share here or in PM what type of device and Avast Mobile Security app you have, or whether your ROM has been modified? That would be very helpful, thanks. 

Offline matthewhk001

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 11:02:17 AM »
Hi Tereza V.,

It is Android 9.0 on Nokia 8 (TA-1012), unmodded. Please see the 'Clear all' button in the notification dropdown in the attached screenshots. When I click it, it clears the Avast persistent notification.

At the moment, I have the 'Sticky' notification behaviour for the Avast Mobile Security app set at 'Show silently and minimise'. There was no issue when the sticky notification was set at this mode in Android 8.1, 8.0 or 7.1 (i.e. the three earlier Android versions this phone ran).

Thank you!

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 02:42:58 PM »
Hi, it seems to be an Android bug - please check for any power saving mode or a task killer app, which might be killing the Avast app running in the background. Whitelisting might help.
Anyway, we are preparing some changes, which will prevent this from happening. Coming soon.