Author Topic: Secure line Adapter says no internet/ unidentified network  (Read 12170 times)

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Re: Secure line Adapter says no internet/ unidentified network
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2019, 11:51:31 PM »
Bob, I get that sometimes too.

A reboot while connected usually solves it.  Seems it has to do with Avast knowing (is connected to) where my system is and only happens when I reboot my router, thus changing my actual real dynamic IP address.  Had that issue for years now.
It's a little hard to reboot the hotels router..... :)
Yep, seems that would be the case....   Router IP is what Avast keys on and would be lost if router is disconnected.....   

Bob, I meant doing a system reboot instead works if connected during the reboot.  A workaround I found some time back. 

My bad. 

Or, sometimes doing a vps update is all it takes otherwise.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Offline mates03

• Avast team
Re: Secure line Adapter says no internet/ unidentified network
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2019, 04:09:47 PM »
Hi,
I have secureline vpn(new user) ,however its strange that the secure line adapter says no internet(local area connection says it has internet).I can go online and search stuff,however I not sure if the vpn thing is working.(using mobile internet via usb tethering). Is this how it should be?

Hi PoppyLopy,
thanks for the report.

From the description it is not very clear what your issue is (you wrote that your Internet connection is working well). You can verify that the VPN connection is established in main Secureline window though. You should be able to clearly note there that you are connected to chosen location (green check mark).
If you're not satisfied with such answer could you please provide more detailed information - preferably screenshot of your issue?

Thanks,
mates03