Author Topic: A few questions regarding the latest Avast update  (Read 1787 times)

Offline Weiku

A few questions regarding the latest Avast update
« on: January 15, 2019, 11:26:30 PM »
Hi guys,

I just have a couple questions about the last update that was installed on January 4th. I'll number them so it looks a bit clearer:

1. After that update, I noticed that a program called "Avast Antivirus vps tool" (or engsup.exe) is running every now and then, but I can't find any mention of that program on Google and never saw it before the update, so I wanted to know if that's an actual Avast program and what exactly it does (no idea what vps stands for)?

2. After the update I got a second "AvLaunch component" entry in my Autostart list for some reason, and both don't show anything when I click on the arrow on the left to expand the entry, what causes those errors? This is what it looks like: https://i.imgur.com/pkDKO3p.jpg

3. I've also noticed runonce.exe running immediately after every boot, which I also have never seen before, and just wanted to know if that's also Avast-related, or is something else using that?

Hope you can help me solve those "mysteries" and thanks in advance ^^