Author Topic: File entry in Avast whitelist  (Read 1248 times)

Offline res.dev

File entry in Avast whitelist
« on: January 16, 2019, 03:11:25 PM »
Hello everyone, I hope to post in the right section of the forum. I'll try to explain my need: I need Avast not to block some .exe files as malicious / virus and I need this to happen on every pc where Avast is installed.
I followed the procedure indicated on this page https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/229/ and I filled out the form at this page https://www.avast.com/whitelist-program-application .
From what I understand, after this, I should have received credentials to upload the files to the Avast FTP server.
It's been 2 days or so, but I have not had any answers yet.
Can someone give me some indication or help?
Thanks in advance.

Offline Michael (alan1998)

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
Re: File entry in Avast whitelist
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 03:29:07 PM »
Hi (Not an avast! employee),

Avast! (and all vendors) are typically very busy dealing with evolving malware. They may take a few days to get back to you. I'm not overly familiar with their Whitelisting system, but if it's anything like their Support Tickets, constantly emailing them for updates etc will push you to the back of the line.

Just the way you worded it. Is this some form of Avast! Business solution (multiple PC's running Avast! with a CMS "AEA/SOA" server/computer)?

Make sure the exclusions you're adding is being applied to any applicable shield: File System Shield, Behaviour Shield etc etc
VOLUNTEER

Senior Security Analyst; Sys Admin (Linux); Forensics/Incident Response.

Security is a mindset, not an application. Think BEFORE you click.

Offline denics

• Avast team
    • avast!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 12:51:32 PM »
Hello, could you please send me a DM with the e-mail you used for registering? Thank you.
Denis Konopiský - avast! VirusLab | Android & Windows Malware | VPS Operations | Whitelisting

Offline res.dev

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 05:32:54 PM »
Hello,
I need your help again.
I have to notify 2 .exe files to Avast for them to be verified and placed on the Avast whitelist; I followed the procedure I had followed the first time, but my account to participate in the Avast whitelist program has been suspended.
Following the instructions you sent me by email, I went to this link https://support.avast.com/en-ww to resume my account but from here I don't know where I have to go to complete the procedure.
Please, can you help me? I urgently need to notify Avast of these 2 files so that they are not blocked.
Another question: does the inclusion in the Avast whitelist also apply to Avg and Avira? Because it seems to me that they are all together now.
I await your kind reply,
best regards,
Mysthica Research and development.