Author Topic: Avast Cleanup Premium isn't Windows 10 Pro 64 bit compatible  (Read 4583 times)

Offline vhvghh

Avast Cleanup Premium isn't Windows 10 Pro 64 bit compatible
« on: December 23, 2017, 09:53:12 PM »
 :-[ :-[ :-[ Hello everyone.
Yesterday Avast Premier was updated, and also Cleanup Premium, it never worked and I had to uninstall it. Windos analyzes the file and warns that it is not compatible. I paid, I still pay, and isn't Windows 10 Pro 64 bits compatible? Bad Christmas surprise.
Regards.

REDACTED

Re: Avast Cleanup Premium isn't Windows 10 Pro 64 bit compatible
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 05:48:34 PM »
I have Windows Pro 64 bit and installed Avast with no problems.  But later I installed Cleanup Premium, what a mistake.  No my laptop has been rendered useless and I cannot undo anything because the computer is locked up. 

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 09:56:36 AM »
:-[ :-[ :-[ Hello everyone.
Yesterday Avast Premier was updated, and also Cleanup Premium, it never worked and I had to uninstall it. Windos analyzes the file and warns that it is not compatible. I paid, I still pay, and isn't Windows 10 Pro 64 bits compatible? Bad Christmas surprise.
Regards.

Hi,

could you please specify a bit more what exactly was not compatible? What did you try to do with it which didn't work?

Thank you.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 07:03:18 PM »
i also got an error message when i start analysing  .
 the message error says in french :" Voilà qui est gênant ! Désolé, nous avons rencontré un problème. merci de redémarrer l'ordinateur et de réessayer. si le problème persiste, essayez de réinstaller l'application ou contactez notre support qui se fera un plaisir de vous aider."

so what i did is , i restart my computer and tried again  but still the same error message , so then i uninstall it and restart the computer , reinstall avast cleanup premium and no change  i still got same issue.

its like that since the update. and my license end in 36 days . i want to fix this.

please help  if you know what to do to fix it

thanks

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 11:02:29 AM »
i also got an error message when i start analysing  .
 the message error says in french :" Voilà qui est gênant ! Désolé, nous avons rencontré un problème. merci de redémarrer l'ordinateur et de réessayer. si le problème persiste, essayez de réinstaller l'application ou contactez notre support qui se fera un plaisir de vous aider."

so what i did is , i restart my computer and tried again  but still the same error message , so then i uninstall it and restart the computer , reinstall avast cleanup premium and no change  i still got same issue.

its like that since the update. and my license end in 36 days . i want to fix this.

please help  if you know what to do to fix it

thanks

Hi,

we are really sorry that you have this issue which is preventing you from using our application and we apologize for that.
In order to be able to help you we would need to check a few things.

Could you please check the registry for the Cleanup version? It should be available here: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AVAST Software\Tuneup\Version or if you have a 64bit OS you could find it here: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\AVAST Software\Tuneup\Version.

If your version is the latest one (17.3) could you please send us the log files from your computer so we can analyze them?
Application logs files are stored here: c:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Tuneup\log, we would need ALL files from this folder.
Setup logs files are stored here: c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp, in this folder look for a file named like this Setup Log 2018-01-30 #001.txt.
Then you can pack everything into a zip archive and either upload them to a favourite file server of yours or you can use our public FTP server for the purpose:ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming/ (login: anonymous).

Thank you for your cooperation.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 09:17:08 AM by Stellarman »

Offline romain.hode

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 11:47:20 AM »
after having upgraded to cleanup premium, I have exactly the same problem, french message : "Voilà qui est gênant, etc.". So the cleanup wont run, that's ta problem. My comptuer runs on Windows 7.
Can you help me out please?

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 12:52:34 PM »
after having upgraded to cleanup premium, I have exactly the same problem, french message : "Voilà qui est gênant, etc.". So the cleanup wont run, that's ta problem. My comptuer runs on Windows 7.
Can you help me out please?

Hi,

there might be various reasons for that. I am not able to help you from here, I would recommend you to contact our support so they can look at it directly on your machine and troubleshoot it.

Thank you.