Author Topic: NEW version: 18.3.6507  (Read 7309 times)

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
NEW version: 18.3.6507
« on: January 17, 2019, 06:13:39 PM »
Hello everyone,

New version 18.3.6507 of Avast Cleanup product has just been released!

What's new in Avast Cleanup product?
  • New feature - Software Updater: Automatically installs important updates for your programs. Go to Fix Problems to check for outdated programs right now and enable Automatic Updates.
  • New feature - Automatic Maintenance: Fixes & cleans 6 critical areas of your PC. From now on, Automatic Maintenance will optimize your PC every 7 days.
  • Fixed bug - Maintenance scan or System Junk scan get stucked and does not finish.
  • Fixed bug - Cleanup service drains 20-30% of CPU during Windows startup.
  • Fixed various other bugs & issues to make Avast Cleanup smoother to use.

How you can get the latest version?

Enjoy the latest version!

Thank you,
Avast Cleanup team.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: NEW version: 18.3.6507
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 10:16:12 AM »
Hi, I got auto-updated today and the new version is running smooth here. :)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline moralep20

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 02:54:32 PM »
It says, well this is embarrassing. have uninstalled a few times and doesn't run. Any help?
sent the log reports.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 03:08:00 AM by moralep20 »

Offline pakobootsapo12

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 07:03:24 PM »
It says, well this is embarrassing. have uninstalled a few times and doesn't run. Any help?
Also experiencing this and i tried to use Tulogcollecter to send them the bug hope it works and hope they resolve the issue

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 09:00:52 AM »
Also experiencing this and i tried to use Tulogcollecter to send them the bug hope it works and hope they resolve the issue

Hi,

Thank you very much for sending us the logs, however I just checked the package you sent and unfortunately it says that there is an error in .zip file.
Could you please send the logs once again, using our tulogcollector.exe tool?
It would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

Offline pakobootsapo12

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 08:27:00 PM »
i will send ...but dont think it will help because since morning it has been opening well dont know what fied it all of a sudden

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 09:16:46 AM »
sent the log reports.

Thanks, we've got your logs and we will take a look at them to see what's wrong.

I will keep you updated.
Regards.

Offline moralep20

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 02:43:11 AM »
Stellarman is it possible to help with the issue for the benefit of all the subscribers with the same problem?
the well this is embarrassing  doesn't help in anything. will appreciate the support.
Thanks

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 10:27:49 AM »
Stellarman is it possible to help with the issue for the benefit of all the subscribers with the same problem?
the well this is embarrassing  doesn't help in anything. will appreciate the support.
Thanks

Hi,

currently we are struggling a bit with a fact that the logs we've got so far are not from a debug mode so there aren't that much information which would help us.
We would either need someone with a debug logging enabled (which is kind of difficult to do if you are not able to get to the UI) or someone who would be willing to enable us to remotely log on his computer so we can debug it in the live environment.

If you would be so kind to let us remotely log onto your machine, please drop me a message and we can arrange a remote session through our customer care.

Thank you!

Offline the.helsleys

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 06:08:48 PM »
When is it going to be noted, as far as which Cleanup Premium update truly fixed the issue where Cleanup was mislabeling good system & user files as broken, then wiping out operating systems and/or user programs and files?????

I am scared to death to run Cleanup Premium until Avast admits the serious problem, and acknowledges fixing it.

I've used Avast Anti-Virus for years, and have a license for 3 computers, but Cleanup Premium was released way before it should have been, and serious flaws have not been publicly addressed.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2019, 06:22:50 PM »
When is it going to be noted, as far as which Cleanup Premium update truly fixed the issue where Cleanup was mislabeling good system & user files as broken, then wiping out operating systems and/or user programs and files?????

I am scared to death to run Cleanup Premium until Avast admits the serious problem, and acknowledges fixing it.

I've used Avast Anti-Virus for years, and have a license for 3 computers, but Cleanup Premium was released way before it should have been, and serious flaws have not been publicly addressed.

Hi,

I am sorry but I didn't get what happened to you actually?
Could you please describe what kind of problem do you have with Cleanup product or what did you do with the product which lead to unexpected outcome?

I would like to help you, but in order to be able to do it I will first need to understand the problem you have.

Also if you will be so kind and send us log files so we can check them, it would increase the chance of fixing your problem.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe assuming that you have still Avast Cleanup installed on your computer.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.

Offline Mar25

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 12:05:12 PM »
Hello ! I bought a new computer and I have an Avast Cleanup license. Installed from scratch and I can not find out how to enter a license? And I know I was buying. My name and surname; Marcin Besz ... inko22pl@wp.pl
Please help

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2019, 12:10:00 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0