Author Topic: Software Updater Wants to Install Older Version of Java Runtime Environment  (Read 1909 times)

Offline pdkent2002

I've got the latest (8.0.201.9) Java RE installed, both the 32 and 64 bit versions, on my Win10 x64 Home PC.  Avast's software updater wants to install version 8.0.1910.12, both 32 bit and 64 bit.  However, my Java console indicates that I have the latest version installed.  I've checked and no earlier versions of Java than the current ones (32 and 64 Bit)  remain installed.  Do I have a problem, or does the Avast Software Updater?  Any suggestions besides what I've already done: telling the Software Updater to "ignore" the updates?  That seems like a work-around rather than a solution.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Could you please rename (or compress) the file "c:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\log\swhealthex.log" to a unique filename (so that it can be idendified to be from you) and upload it to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming ?

Offline gtdurham

I too have the same issue.

Offline pdkent2002

Igor,

I just uploaded the log file you requested to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming/.  Please send me a heads up via e-mail for all your postings to this forum.  I thought I would receive one automatically, but didn't.  Fortunately, I checked back on thread I started on this forum and saw your reqest.  Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Igor,

<snip>
Please send me a heads up via e-mail for all your postings to this forum.  I thought I would receive one automatically, but didn't. 
<snip>

At the bottom of the page is a Notify button that should give notifications of any new posts in this topic.

There should also be a Modify Profile > Notification section in your forum profile.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline pdkent2002

DavidR,
Thanks for pointing those out.  In my mind I had turned on notify for all topics I started or replied to when I first set up my account.  However on re-checking, those notify checkboxes were unchecked.  Now they're checked!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
You're welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security