Author Topic: Unable to login - No connection made target mahine actively refuse it  (Read 6587 times)

mmiya

Hi experts,

I'm trying to install ADNM as a trial use. Install seemed ok, but unable to login with error message mentioned in the subject

I installed ADNM with following option.

DEMO license
MSDE
Admin console and AMS on the same machine (XP SP2)
Creation of updating mirror on installation - NO
Firewall - all off

Is the cause of the error because I did not create upating mirror? If so what should be done? and how? or any other possible cause?

As for the creating of updating mirror, I know admin guide says it should but it requires hours and hours of download on a dial-up line. Finally I gave up as other people starting complaining it. I rolledback system and installed again with NO for creating updateing mirror.

Error.log also suggests something is not right.

26/07/2006   5:30:30 PM   1153899030   SYSTEM   1648   Error 0000A410 has occured while loading the global data storage. 
26/07/2006   5:51:24 PM   1153900284   SYSTEM   320   Error 0000A410 has occured while loading the global data storage. 

Please advise.

mmiya

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Use the AMS Maintenance Tool to check the DB connection and/or the healthiness of the database.

If this is a new install of ADNM, you may also try to delete the DB and then create it again.

After that, make sure the "Avast! Management Server" service is running (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services).

But please note that unless you have the mirror created, the client machines can't update from it.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

mmiya

Hi Vlk,

Thank you fir your prompt response. I will check it when I will be on-site.

Just give me some idea as to how many mega bytes of download will be required for updating mirror?

Can be downloaded in re-installable form? If yes then I can ask somebody back in my country (where broadband is) to download necessary files and send it by the courier.

I saw the message like "Timestamp invalid" in the terminal window while atempting download update mirror on the installation. Is it normal?

Sorry for asking many question. Appreciate your patient and understanding.

mmiya

mmiya

I used AMS maintenance tool.

SQL connection...ok

Check DB...ng. Message says;
AMS database is not compatible (0x000A410)
*: Going to check of database of avast...
Cannot execute avsVersin(), error 0x80004005

Then I tried to delete and create DB
Delete DB says
Database cannot be deleted because it does not exist.

Create DB says
Database creation failed with 0x000A410 error

Run of Service of "Avast Management Server"
Not running.

I tried to start but says "Could not start on local computer Error 42000 0xa410"

Seems all problem stems from the 0xA410 error. Now what should I do??? Please advise.

mmiya

mmiya

Hi there,

I found the posting regarding the same problems here;
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=21956.0

and it worked. Now next problem comes up.

I created Computer Catagog then created Installation package(push installation). When I pressed "Edit" button, it says;

Error 0x0000C1
Installation package cannot be edited. Cannot query the server object.

I read the posting on the same problem but cannot figure out.
Is this because I did not create update mirror?

InstTmpl folder has prod-av-net.vpu and setup
InstPkgs folder has no files in it

I'm really stuck to run ADNM and not much time left to finish my task. Please help. :'(

mmiya

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
and it worked. Now next problem comes up.

Great.

Installation package cannot be edited. Cannot query the server object.

I read the posting on the same problem but cannot figure out.
Is this because I did not create update mirror?

Unfortunately, yes. During the creation of the mirror, the wizard for the installation package creation is uploaded to the DB.

Do you have a machine that has a better connection to the Internet and that you can use to create the whole mirror and then move it to the AMS?

Greetings from Vegas
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

mmiya

Re: Unable to login - No connection made target mahine actively refuse it
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 02:23:05 PM »
Thanks Vlk for your comment.

I'm still trying download mirror.

Just a couple of question.

I use mirror.exe to do this but will this command download the  vpu files that not being downloaded yet only?

Is ADNM practical to use in a dial-up connection environment? I'm question this because the amount of files required to make mirror. Is the size of download from your site to make mirror  up to date small enough for dial-up connection once mirror was created on the installation?

Appreciate your advice.

mmiya