Author Topic: VPN cuts connection speed by over 50% and disconnections frequent  (Read 2594 times)

Offline wtwalker

Being a long term Avast user, I decided to check out a trial of Avast Secureline VPN.  I am very disappointed in this product.  From some sites freezing (compared to working fine with VPN disconnected), speed reductions on hard wired ethernet connections from 125 MbPS to 35 MbPS and various sites not connecting at all.  Same results on two different computers running Win 7 and Win 10, respectively.    Before canceling the subscription, can someone provide help to obtain acceptable performance?  Thanks

Offline joesalvati68

Re: VPN cuts connection speed by over 50% and disconnections frequent
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 07:27:34 PM »
I see my speeds drop from 600 mbps to less than 1 on a regular basis.

Offline Virginia40

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 06:46:49 AM »
Me too!  I am renting a condo in a different country than my own for the winter, I am from Canada and am presently in Mexico - need I say why?  ;) and have an unsecured wifi connection with others in the same building complex.  Everything has been working great with the wifi connection, no issues, since I got here in early December but I was just a little worried about security.  After reading up on it I bought and installed the Avast VPN SecureLine a week ago thinking that would give me extra protection for banking etc.  What a disaster!!  Horrible horrible nightmare.  Connection timeouts, page freezes, spinning wheels, cannot Connect to the Server and Network Protocol Connection Error messages.  You name it just about every issue there is out there I have. I use Mozilla Firefox on my Windows 10 OS. I have been trying to uninstall it all evening and can't even seem to do that.  I am so disappointed with Avast as I have been a long time fan of their anti-virus products both free and paid.  I have tried various things in their troubleshooting info and absolutely nothing works and I am afraid my whole system is going to collapse and it won't even turn on.  I am at my wit's end and at this point I don't even want a solution - I just want to be rid of the damn thing and cancel my subscription, which wasn't cheap.  This thing sucks!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 07:03:56 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0