Author Topic: Sync and backup  (Read 4778 times)

Offline ab7

Sync and backup
« on: January 29, 2019, 07:04:33 AM »
I changed phones. I'm trying to synchronize the data. I'm Logging into my account. You want to allow access from a device that is already activated. But the old phone is gone. I have avast on my computer. But also there activation is required. How to sync without an old phone?

Offline David Mokos

• Avast team
Re: Sync and backup
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 05:44:53 PM »
Hello,
Once you log in to your new device you should get an email with the verification code that you need to provide to the application.

If you don't get such email it means that you used the older version of the application before. When you first synced your vault we've sent you an email with subject "Your backup identity". In in you should find a "restore" link that you need to click and follow the instructions.

Please let me know whether I was able to help you.

Best regards,
David

Offline ab7

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 06:54:52 AM »
I didn't get the e-mail or the confirmation code. Any other options to restore a copy?

Offline Vinicius T

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 02:41:26 AM »
Hello,
Once you log in to your new device you should get an email with the verification code that you need to provide to the application.

If you don't get such email it means that you used the older version of the application before. When you first synced your vault we've sent you an email with subject "Your backup identity". In in you should find a "restore" link that you need to click and follow the instructions.

Please let me know whether I was able to help you.

Best regards,
David

I didn't get the e-mail or the confirmation code. Any other options to restore a copy?