Author Topic: Avast mobile for Android keeps scanning random apps that haven't updated ...  (Read 451 times)

Offline ck_03

I've become concerned about undetected malware after recently finding that Avast mobile for Android began scanning random apps that haven't updated in a manner suggesting they have.  I intermittently see separate notifications on my LG Stylo 3 phone with Android 7.0 specific to random apps including Amazon Music, PayPal, Google Calendar, and a banking app indicating that were safe to use as if the aforementioned apps had just updated via Google Play Store when, in fact, none of them actually had.  I typically react to these situations by uninstalling and reinstalling affected apps, which seems to prevent recurrence with the same apps.  Auto update is not enabled for native phone apps or on Google Play, and, again, I am not finding recent updates for any of the aforementioned apps when cross referencing info in the Google Play Store.  Is this a simple software glitch, or is something more ominous afoot?

Offline Jeffrey Dungan

I'm seeing this too; where sometimes there is a notification that "[X] is safe to use", sometimes after I notice a "Play Services" security policy update (I'm forgetting the exact label, but one of those Google Play things that doesn't necessarily place a notification up top), but not done every time Avast notifies this way

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Hi, we need more details from both of you:
- type of device
- Android version
- names of the apps in question
- did AMS ever alert there was a threat?