Author Topic: No boot found (BSOD) after clean up  (Read 2127 times)

Offline gazonono

No boot found (BSOD) after clean up
« on: January 30, 2019, 11:45:50 AM »
Hi,
Yesterday i Install Avast freeware and subscribed to Avast Clean up.
After Installation and Clean up, I had to restart my Laptop because i change my location. Surprisingly not boot were found and I had a BSOD (Blue srcreen of death)
I found the procedure to restart my Wind 10 HP Spectre 360 in Safe mode but : Never started !!! So finally I had to reset my Laptop. My luck is I had all files in my Cloud.

Today my question is, should i Really reinstall Avast, and Avast clean up  and How do I prevent my Problem so I dont have to reset my Laptop 10 min later.

If any suggestion thank you

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: No boot found (BSOD) after clean up
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 12:51:09 PM »
Hi,
Yesterday i Install Avast freeware and subscribed to Avast Clean up.
After Installation and Clean up, I had to restart my Laptop because i change my location. Surprisingly not boot were found and I had a BSOD (Blue srcreen of death)
I found the procedure to restart my Wind 10 HP Spectre 360 in Safe mode but : Never started !!! So finally I had to reset my Laptop. My luck is I had all files in my Cloud.

Today my question is, should i Really reinstall Avast, and Avast clean up  and How do I prevent my Problem so I dont have to reset my Laptop 10 min later.

If any suggestion thank you

Hi,

first of all let me apologize for the unintended behavior of our product (assuming that it is the real culprit here), this is definitely something we don't want to do.

Anyway we would like to analyze what happened on your PC but in order to be able to do that, we need the log files.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe assuming that you have still Avast Cleanup installed on your computer.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Another valuable source of information for us might be the memory dump file which is usually created in Windows folder, so please try to look for a file C:\Windows\Memory.dmp and if it is there, please upload it somewhere and send us link to that file so we can analyze it as well.

Thank you.

Offline the.helsleys

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 03:40:55 PM »
I would highly suspect that it would be hard to produce log or dump files if the compter is trashed and won't re-boot.  :(

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 10:32:57 AM »
I would highly suspect that it would be hard to produce log or dump files if the compter is trashed and won't re-boot.  :(

I am aware of that as well, unfortunately without a log files or dump there isn't much we can do since we are not able to find out what happened.