Author Topic: warning pop-up  (Read 2715 times)

Pappone

warning pop-up
« on: July 30, 2006, 02:54:51 AM »
Hi there,
I need some helps. Everytime the program, Avast Home edition, upgrade the program automactly, I get this message:

Can you tell if it is right?

Thank

Pap

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
Re: warning pop-up
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 05:06:25 AM »
Hey Pappone,
Are you running two antivirus programs? The reason I ask is because that pop up isn't from Avast, it's fromĀ another A/V program called AntiVir. The problem could be a conflict between Avast and AntiVir as you should never run two antivirus programs at the same time.
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!

Pappone

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 01:48:17 AM »
Hey Pappone,
Are you running two antivirus programs? The reason I ask is because that pop up isn't from Avast, it's from another A/V program called AntiVir. The problem could be a conflict between Avast and AntiVir as you should never run two antivirus programs at the same time.

Ehmmm...is that reason that MS Xp Pro have another one antivirus by default?
Let me check, but I am sure I have abled it anyway at all.

Offline TedNelly

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Trust No-One!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 11:17:01 AM »
Hey Pappone,
Are you running two antivirus programs? The reason I ask is because that pop up isn't from Avast, it's from another A/V program called AntiVir. The problem could be a conflict between Avast and AntiVir as you should never run two antivirus programs at the same time.
Ehmmm...is that reason that MS Xp Pro have another one antivirus by default?
Let me check, but I am sure I have abled it anyway at all.

Windows XP? has an Antivirus Program by Default? Not on my version, I must have been ripped off!!
No! No! WindowsXP does not have an AV program By default (Firewall yes) Antivirus no. You may have purchased
a system that had an AV program installed.  The advice marc57 is pretty spot on.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 11:21:32 AM by tednelly »
Windows 10 Pro | Intel I7 CPU | 16 Gig 2133 RAM | Avast beta 17.5.2295 | Firefox 54 b9(64-bit) | Cyberfox 52.1 | T-Bird 52.1.1 | SpyWareBlaster 5.5 | MalwareBytes 3.0.0.865 | WinPatrol 35.5.2 | GlassWire 1.2.100 | Cybereason Ransomfree 2.2.7 |  Pulla-dePlug Final!