Author Topic: Complete Uninstall  (Read 2288 times)

Offline dc101

Complete Uninstall
« on: January 29, 2019, 03:36:27 AM »
Hello, the other day I unintentionally installed Avast by updating CCleaner. After doing so I went through the typical uninstall process and then did a search to see what files remained (30+ files remained). Then I did a search online on how to remove Avast and found that there is a software you provide to remove your software. I then installed and ran Avastclear which said it uninstalled your software, but the same 30+ files remained. At this point I thought maybe the problem was in my initial uninstall before using Avastclear, so I installed the free version of Avast and then ran Avastclear again. Now I have the 30+ files that refuse to be removed, along with Avast Secure Browser and AvLaunch. Please tell me; how can I remove your software completely?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Complete Uninstall
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 06:58:43 AM »
Hello
Please follow the directions here precisely, see if that helps.
The utility will ask to boot to Safe Mode, Yes.

https://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility   :)

Offline dc101

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 03:05:08 AM »
Hi and thank you for responding.

Please do not take offense as I do not intend this in any way to be spiteful. I stated in my original post that I had installed and run Avastclear.exe and it did not remove everything. After running the linked software (Avastclear.exe) twice in Safe Mode 30+ avast files remain on my hard drive including Avast Secure Browser and AvLaunch.

Is there another option that will remove all the files?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 06:02:33 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0