Consumer Products > Avast Secure Browser for Windows

Can't uninstall Avast Browser from Windows

<< < (2/3) > >>

schmidthouse:

--- Quote from: Emre Kağan on February 11, 2019, 09:21:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: schmidthouse on February 11, 2019, 05:45:01 PM ---
What problem? ???

--- End quote ---

The problem is that the browser is not removed? Did I hear it wrong?

--- End quote ---

The OP has not posted back saying there still is a problem.

Further Information:

Clean install of the Secure Browser:

Download the installer from here, https://www.avast.com/en-us/secure-browser
Download the Secure Browser Removal tool from here, https://download.avastbrowser.com/avast_secure_browser_uninstall.exe
Save your Bookmarks via the Book Marks Manager if you have custom bookmarks so you can import them when you re-install.
Uninstall Secure Browser via Programs and Features - Reboot
Run the removal tool, reboot, run the installer import your favorites if you saved them.

Appreciation to Bob3160

gopibhakta:
Hi,

I tried to uninstall the Avast secure browser last night.

But from last night (more than 9+ hours) the uninstalling process is going on. I also tried to end task the process, but unable to perform that.

Suggest me what to do further.........

Thank you.
Gopi

schmidthouse:

--- Quote from: gopibhakta on March 15, 2019, 04:34:30 AM ---Hi,

I tried to uninstall the Avast secure browser last night.

But from last night (more than 9+ hours) the uninstalling process is going on. I also tried to end task the process, but unable to perform that.

Suggest me what to do further.........

Thank you.
Gopi

--- End quote ---

Did you use the "Secure Browser Removal Tool" list in the post above?

gopibhakta:
I haven't use that ""Secure Browser Removal Tool". i Directly tried to uninstall it fro program & Features.

And i am also unable to open any of the browsers that are installed in my system.

mchain:
Problems with Avast Secure browser should not affect proper operation of your other browsers? 

Why are you unable to open your other browsers?  Did they fail to open all at roughly the same time?  Is your computer busy or frozen?

Ease of removal of Avast Secure browser would depend on whether you installed it as a standalone browser or if it was included inside Avast as a feature.  Which way did you install? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version