Author Topic: Avast! old style of popups  (Read 1271 times)

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
Avast! old style of popups
« on: February 10, 2019, 07:23:59 PM »
Hello. Is there any way (through geek:area or somewhere) to revert to old popups alert system? I mean the one where "malware found" window just pop-uped in corner and disappeared? I mean that there is "Choose pop-up duration" thingy in geek:area for no reason whatsoever as all these poups are persistent till you close them even though action was already taken ..even database updates are reported no more (don't really think it's that much needed though, but what if DB update failed? would avast! report that update failed??).

And main reason is that I don't really like the window that appears in middle of the screen bothering me for no reason.. It's nice that you probably did it to mix avast! and avg together/or did it so users pay more attention that threat is found but why this way?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 07:27:55 PM by danny96 »
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast! old style of popups
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 05:46:58 AM »
Hello. Is there any way (through geek:area or somewhere) to revert to old popups alert system? I mean the one where "malware found" window just pop-uped in corner and disappeared?
Nope.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
Re: Avast! old style of popups
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 10:03:10 PM »
Damn. So annoying.. why they had to ruin it :(
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10